No more Dave Lee please

Halsey Hall

Reaction score
Another agonizing year of hearing Dave Lee attempt to be a TV play-by-play announcer for the state high school basketball toruney. He thinks he's doing a radio broadcast so he tells us what we are seeing. How many times has he said "nice shot" when the shot doesn't go in? Kevin Lynch talks too much and seems to always favor one team and focus on what that team needs to do to win. Can we please haave a different team next year? PLEASE!!! We endured Lee's time with Gopher football and are glad he has been demoted to DIII football with St. Thomas. Now demote him to radio for the state tourney. I long for the days of Dick Enroth, Herb Carneal, Ray Scott and of course the great Ray Christensen.

Another agonizing year of hearing Dave Lee attempt to be a TV play-by-play announcer for the state high school basketball toruney. He thinks he's doing a radio broadcast so he tells us what we are seeing. How many times has he said "nice shot" when the shot doesn't go in? Kevin Lynch talks too much and seems to always favor one team and focus on what that team needs to do to win. Can we please haave a different team next year? PLEASE!!! We endured Lee's time with Gopher football and are glad he has been demoted to DIII football with St. Thomas. Now demote him to radio for the state tourney. I long for the days of Dick Enroth, Herb Carneal, Ray Scott and of course the great Ray Christensen.

Dave Lee is not good at that job. For the tournament, I don't think he ever said anything like "He / She missed" a shot. It is (player name) put the shot up and "it won't go down", or "rolls off", or other phrases to imply the ball, if it didn't have it's own mind and conscience, would simply go in after every girl shot the ball. However, for some inexplicable reason, it "went in and out", and the shot was never off target from the point it left the players hand.

Also, for far too long (and maybe they have gotten better since) they used to always just resort to the team nickname "Wildcats steal the ball" the "Tigers take the lead". Just give us the town name already.

Top Bottom