with murphy leaving, his spot is

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
His spot is completely wide open from the first day of practice.

You'd think there would be someone out there that would be intrigued by starting on day one that has some talent.

It's there for anyone who can play and wants playing time from the get-go.

If Eric Curry is healthy, he’s playing that spot next season.

Sadly, I think the healthy Eric Curry ship has sailed. I hope I'm wrong, but I sense that next year will likely end up like this year did for him.

If Eric Curry is healthy, he’s playing that spot next season.

Curry tore everything. It reminds me of the Daunte Culpepper injury. It's almost like you drag your leg somewhat after that.

There is only one Murphy. He won't be replaced by someone who plays like he has. It could be Oturu and 4 wings/guards. Jarvis might be ready to transition to an impact player. Freshmen can do that.

So are you just throwing this out there, or do you know something? It never seemed like Zeke was ever considering the Gophers. It would be an amazing development if that happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right? I don’t think we were in his top 5. He seems like he’d be swept up by someone (KU, UK, Duke, etc.) with a late spot open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Jarvis. I liked what I saw yesterday...he made some good decisions and played for the most part good D on a much bigger player. If he can learn a bit more offensively and maybe put on a little weight he can play the 4 at times or big 3 if Coffey stays at the 1. He’s not ideal to play the 4 but I think he’s athletic enougb he can based upon what he was doing yesterday. Isn’t he about the same height as Murphy? I know he’s not as big physically but he’s more athletic.

Stating the obvious - no one player is going to duplicate or replace what Murphy did. It's going to have to be spread around multiple players. Oturu can score more and definitely rebound more. Omersa is probably never going to be a big scorer, but he can rebound and get garbage baskets.

Anything they get from Curry is a bonus. If they can get 10-15 minutes a game, and he can score 5 points and get 3 rebounds, I'd take that at this point.

In a perfect world, I'd like to see a grad transfer or JUCO who is eligible immediately and can step in and play.

If they fill Murphy's spot with a true FR, or another "sit-out-a-year" transfer, then the team almost has to become more perimeter-oriented. That means Pitino has to find some shooters who can step in and play immediately.

I agree that Curry looked like a shell of his former self this year, but that in no way means that he will never improve physically/mentally and reach 100%

The injury he suffered likely will take 2 years to full heal. He came back and actually saw the floor. That's a positive, not a negative.. Yeah, he got a season-ending injury again, but the injury was no way related to his knee. I think if we give Curry all spring and summer to actually get more comfortable, we may see him regain confidence and strength.

I agree that Pitino should not be penciling in Curry as a starter and just neglect the PF position. But at the same time I don't think we should all be so negative about Curry. It's not like he reinjured his knee and will have to start rehab from the beginning. he made progress this year

Who said that?

You said he's not strong enough to play the 4. Guess he'll have to go play it for Kansas since it wouldn't work out here. I guess it's really a good thing for everybody involved that he's not interested in us anyways.

You said he's not strong enough to play the 4. Guess he'll have to go play it for Kansas since it wouldn't work out here. I guess it's really a good thing for everybody involved that he's not interested in us anyways.

You think Hurt is playing the 4 at Kansas? LMAO

What's the bet?

wait, some guy said he was going to Kansas or Memphis and dad come on and called him a writer for a gossip column or some dam thing like that.

Is he going to Kansas?

Last edited:

Agree Hurt plays more like a 3 but he'll play plenty of 4 as well.

Top Bottom