Who would you name as the 2018-2019 Gophers MVP?

• Jordan Murphy

Votes: 48 64.9%
  • Amir Coffey

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • Other (List)

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Murphy because of the consistency.

We saw Coffey carry this team down the stretch, like he is capable of doing, but he's prone to some down/bad games.

With the exception of a small handful of games, Murphy night in and night out produced at a high level.

No doubt Murphy. Players looked up to him. Didn't have anyone to look up to yesterday due to Murphy's back. They were lost.

Gotta go Murphy because of consistency and low post presence. I personally feel that Coffey played out of position and needs to be moved back. If so, I think he can be really good as that slashing 3 especially if he gets more consistent with his jumper as a fall back option. He’s tough to stop when the drives open it’s just he inconsistencies on his jumper that hurts his game. Love him though but it was Murphy’s team this year.

IW he could’ve been poisonous to this team, but chose to be a good teammate and the team reached their full potential.

Murphy.

With a respectful nod to Coffey for all he brought to the table. Here's hoping he's back next year and able to accomplish even more.

JTG

Coffey's highs were higher but I have to give it to Murphy for the consistency. Murphy was productive even in his bad games and the team clearly fell apart without him. Coffey was great and will lead the team next year but he had games where he was so bad offensively that we would have been better off with him just hanging back on the defensive end.

I went with Coffey.

Murphy was obviously great but when the team needed a bucket, Coffey was the go-to guy.

Murphy was more consistent. And he's a senior. He got my vote.

If there was any doubt, just look at the team performance yesterday when Murphy couldn't play. That's MVP for at least three of the four years he was here. One could argue that he was co-MVP with Lynch is his soph year.

I voted Murphy, but I should have said Coffey. I think it should be Coffey because he was forced into the PG role.

Coffey was great down the stretch. Murphy was good. Slight nod to Coffey.

Tough call. Coffey stepping up at the end was the biggest reason we got the big wins to lock up the tourney spot and advance in Big Ten and NCAA playoffs. Murphy's play all year, however, was the biggest reason we were in good enough position to lock up a tourney spot with those big wins.

Top Bottom