Recruiting/Transfer news.

All about the $$$. You have been clear. $$$$$.

K is as above board as Calipari and the UConn coaching “legend”.

That might be a reason not to come to Mn. Eh built?

Coach K's ability to come off clean is better than his coaching. Quite impressive, kind of in the Wooden group

Calipari and Krzyzewski must be absolute horse **** coaches. The way they reel in players they should basically alternate National Championships but they lose early all the time.

Calipari and Krzyzewski must be absolute horse **** coaches. The way they reel in players they should basically alternate National Championships but they lose early all the time.

I have heard Calipari credited for his ability to get a whole bunch of players who have never played together, and are used to being stars, to come together and play as a team.

If you put them in an NBA playoff scenario rather than a 1 and done march madness tourny they would win way more often. Luckily in basketball just takes 1 or 2 guys on the other team to just shoot hot for 1 game to knock you out. In a 7 game serious Duke would win every time.

I have heard Calipari credited for his ability to get a whole bunch of players who have never played together, and are used to being stars, to come together and play as a team.

I'm in this camp.

I think if we can add the right pieces this spring....with all these transfers available and being "in" on some pretty good recruits...if we got some nice additions...prefer Coffey plays...all that happens and we go to the NCAA for the third time in four years...wouldn't the worm start to turn for more local guys wanting to be Gophers?
And then we establish ourselves and make a nice run for several years with Richard?
I don't see that as pie in the sky....seems more like a natural progression to me. But the key is who we add this spring, imo.

I think if we can add the right pieces this spring....with all these transfers available and being "in" on some pretty good recruits...if we got some nice additions...prefer Coffey plays...all that happens and we go to the NCAA for the third time in four years...wouldn't the worm start to turn for more local guys wanting to be Gophers?
And then we establish ourselves and make a nice run for several years with Richard?
I don't see that as pie in the sky....seems more like a natural progression to me. But the key is who we add this spring, imo.

I like this take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cal and K and both coach their asses off. Both sold their souls and cheat too. It can be both

To my knowledge, here are the infractions that occurred under Calipari:

1) Marcus Camby took money from an agent while at U Mass (not connected to Calipari);

2) Derrick Rose's SAT (or maybe ACT) scores rose so significantly that they didn't believe he took them although, to my knowledge, they didn't have proof that he didn't (regardless, there was no established connection to Calipari)

3) Derrick Rose's brother was allowed to travel free of charge with the Memphis team (this is connected to Calipari but seems pretty damn minor).

But, the cheating meme about Calipari keeps getting repeated ad nauseam by resentful fans of other schools. There's nothing in that list above that comes close to the academic scandals that occurred at U of M or UNC.

1) Marcus Camby took money from an agent while at U Mass (not connected to Calipari);

2) Derrick Rose's SAT (or maybe ACT) scores rose so significantly that they didn't believe he took them although, to my knowledge, they didn't have proof that he didn't (regardless, there was no established connection to Calipari)

3) Derrick Rose's brother was allowed to travel free of charge with the Memphis team (this is connected to Calipari but seems pretty damn minor).

But, the cheating meme about Calipari keeps getting repeated ad nauseam by resentful fans of other schools. There's nothing in that list above that comes close to the academic scandals that occurred at U of M or UNC.

You truly believe Cal didn't know about the agent? Coaches control what happens and who's around their program. I'm not resentful at all. I complimented his coaching. It's well known now in circles that he'll look the other way. Keeps him unconnected, but he allows it. There is a reason his peers don't like him.

That may be true. But when you have final fours vacated at two different schools, the "What, me? I didn't know anything about that" defense rings hollow.

Just a name to keep an eye as we receive more recruiting news.

Donnell Gresham announced that he's going to transfer from Northeastern. He's a CDH grad and is a career 41% 3 point shooter. If we miss on a few recruits or perhaps someone transfers, I wouldn't mind taking a look at him for depth purposes.

Donnell Gresham announced that he's going to transfer from Northeastern. He's a CDH grad and is a career 41% 3 point shooter. If we miss on a few recruits or perhaps someone transfers, I wouldn't mind taking a look at him for depth purposes.

A PF too right?

Northwestern also had a 3* pf who is immediately eligible. Don't know if he is any good though. It'd be nice to know who the coaches are working on.

I think we get Sherfield so I'd pass on this guy. Not even a double digit scorer at Northeastern.

I think we get Sherfield so I'd pass on this guy. Not even a double digit scorer at Northeastern.

Id much rather have Sherfield too but Gresham is solid, only about 6 ft and not real athletic but shoots the lights out and plays solid defense. If Washington transfers or we dont get Sherfield hed be a solid bench guy imo.

Will there ever be real content in this thread?

That may be true. But when you have final fours vacated at two different schools, the "What, me? I didn't know anything about that" defense rings hollow.

Well, that's because those two players mentioned in my prior post were on those final four teams. He didn't have any of his Kentucky final fours (four to date) vacated.

Minnesota would have two final fours with two different coaches vacated if they would have made the final four in 1977.

Well, that's because those two players mentioned in my prior post were on those final four teams. He didn't have any of his Kentucky final fours (four to date) vacated.

Minnesota would have two final fours with two different coaches vacated if they would have made the final four in 1977.
Of course. One of the coaches involved was fired and the other would've been if he didn't leave town first.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom