Recruiting/Transfer news.

gopher1more

Reaction score
Now that the season is over when do you think we will hear the first news on the transfer/recruit news.?

Now that the season is over when do you think we will hear the first news on the transfer/recruit news.?

Probably not till after the final 4. If hurt and iw do end up transferring I’d expect we’d know in April.

I saw some people bring up Jericho Sims in a different transfer thread, and saw some other people saying "no thanks" to that idea.

I'd be happy if he came home, for the simple reason that this team desperately needs depth up front.

Sometime next week would be my guess. I'm sure the coaching staff and players will have individual meetings early next week and after them the players will decide what theyll do.

I hope they go after Jamison Battle now that his coach has been fired. He outplayed Tyrell Terry in the tournament this weekend IMO. The Gophers could really use his skillset.

Well he averaged 4 points per game this year and 3 rebounds per game.

Some are begging for this guy!

Gophers have 1 center and 3 forwards total on the roster. 1 forward is likely to transfer. Another isn't ready to start and was mainly played in garbage time only during conference play. A third has been hurt for most of the past 2 years. Unless our big guys can magically all play 40 minutes a game and stay perfectly healthy, we need all the help inside we can get. Better than a mediocre recruit and much better than being stuck playing with 4 guards all season.

Well he averaged 4 points per game this year and 3 rebounds per game.

Some are begging for this guy!

Matz Stockman averaged 3 points and 2.1 rebounds this year. I think we would all want Matz back next year. People want him because he adds depth we need not because he is Zion.

Gophers have 1 center and 3 forwards total on the roster. 1 forward is likely to transfer. Another isn't ready to start and was mainly played in garbage time only during conference play. A third has been hurt for most of the past 2 years. Unless our big guys can magically all play 40 minutes a game and stay perfectly healthy, we need all the help inside we can get. Better than a mediocre recruit and much better than being stuck playing with 4 guards all season.

A mediocre recruit should be able to do 4 and 3

This Sims guy seems like a bust!

I guess the people wanting Sims, like myself, are thinking about depth right now. I just realized to pause for a minute on that though. Would he even be available to play next season? Because thats what we need for depth purposes right now. Someone who can instantly be eligible.

I guess the people wanting Sims, like myself, are thinking about depth right now. I just realized to pause for a minute on that though. Would he even be available to play next season? Because thats what we need for depth purposes right now. Someone who can instantly be eligible.

He's not a grad transfer so it wouldn't be automatic.

Being from Minneapolis should help. I don't follow it closely but opened up the rules a year ago. It seems like just about any reason other than not getting enough playing time is good enough. Although then again, Carr had what seemed to be a good reason but the NCAA said no.

I hope they go after Jamison Battle now that his coach has been fired. He outplayed Tyrell Terry in the tournament this weekend IMO. The Gophers could really use his skillset.

I watched him in the state finals against Waseca and loved his shooting, however I don’t think with his foot speed and athleticism that he could guard in the big 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched him in the state finals against Waseca and loved his shooting, however I don’t think with his foot speed and athleticism that he could guard in the big 10.

Did you watch the game? I’ll take a shooter with a great name.Hoffarber couldn’t guard and he had a bad last name.

We will need bodies and kids from dls who can shoot seem like good players to have.

Anyone heard anything about Austin Crowley? We were in his top 3 and he is no longer attending Vandy. I really liked his game and would be ecstatic if we landed him, I think he would be a better get than Sherfield.

Anyone heard anything about Austin Crowley? We were in his top 3 and he is no longer attending Vandy. I really liked his game and would be ecstatic if we landed him, I think he would be a better get than Sherfield.

We can add both and they happen to play for the same high school so that can’t hurt in getting both.

Tai Strickland is transferring from WI after just one year. Gophers were after him last year.

Look for Gophers to target two HS kids and a grad transfer. No Gophers transferring out this year. Per RJ.

Look for Gophers to target two HS kids and a grad transfer. No Gophers transferring out this year. Per RJ.

No Michael transfer! :drink: You know what that means! :rockon:

Bring on the Hurt brothers!!!

(I hope RJ is right)

Last edited:

Tai Strickland is transferring from WI after just one year. Gophers were after him last year.

Don't know why the Gophers should want him. He would have to sit out and, if Washington really does stay, he's superfluous.

So one of Sherfield/Crowley, a grad transfer center, and MATTHEW HURT!!!!!!!!

Right? Right? Right?

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

I posted this already in another thread where Strickland's name came up, but it was known for awhile by "insiders" that Strickland was transferring out, even though playing time played a role, he also got homesick and wasn't a fan of the region, so don't think he'd have any interest here, look for him to end up at a Florida school.

No Michael transfer! :drink: You know what that means! :rockon:

Bring on the Hurt brothers!!!

(I hope RJ is right)

Minnesota would be a perfect situation for Matthew. I doubt it happens but maybe developments in recent months have changed things (Minnesota making a little run and Kansas appearing to be in some trouble) . The roster we have is just custom made to fit him. As a stretch 4 - he would be an amazing fit with Oturu, Coffey, Carr and Kalscheur. He'd play with his brother and be a hometown hero on a team that would instantly become a upper tier Big Ten team. He would have a chance to showcase his talents for the NBA yet there would be plenty of other scoring threats to keep teams from isolating on him.

I posted this already in another thread where Strickland's name came up, but it was known for awhile by "insiders" that Strickland was transferring out, even though playing time played a role, he also got homesick and wasn't a fan of the region, so don't think he'd have any interest here, look for him to end up at a Florida school.

Yeah I didn't think he was an option, I just posted as reference. Didn't know naything behind the transfer.

he didn't play much for the badgers

Top Bottom