With 6 years completed in the Pitino era, the program is?...

With 6 years completed in the Pitino era, the program is?...

• The program is better than I expected.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • The program is about where I expected.

Votes: 52 46.0%
  • The program is worse than I expected.

Votes: 54 47.8%
  • Other (list)

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
Pitino's first year: Coming off a first round win in the tournament over a Blue blood. We had good upper classmen and horrible depth behind them. Richard had to scramble to get some transfers and recruits with some success and some huge misses. Definitely not a lot in the cupboard past the Hollins brothers. (I know they are not related!)

End of Pitino year 6: Coming off a first round NCAA tournament win over a blue blood and a lopsided loss to MSU without the best rebounder in school history. Has four returning Sophomore players, two of which over-did expectations and have All-B1G potential to build his team around as well as a starting PG who averaged close to 10 points a game in the ACC. Currently has 2 incoming freshmen, one of which is a borderline 4* and leads on 2 other 4* players and a 6'9" German shooter. Saddled with an injury prone player who once had tremendous promise and a senior to be miss. May have a senior All-B1G returning SF. Also, supposed to have a transfer big in the bag.

The Otis optimism meter is higher entering year 7 than it was entering year 1 despite the return to Minnesota of Joey King and presence of Wally Ellenson!

Pitino is an average game coach and routinely gets out schemed by the top B1G coaches. He has issues in recruiting judgment, see Konate, GiJU, Gilbert, Stull, Hurt, ...these guys are not D1 talent and create issues with depth, his B1G record is poor, other than that, the basketball program at The U of M is M for mediocre.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pitino is an average game coach and routinely gets out schemed by the top B1G coaches. He has issues in recruiting judgment, see Konate, GiJU, Gilbert, Stull, Hurt, ...these guys are not D1 talent and create issues with depth, his B1G record is poor, other than that, the basketball program at The U of M is M for mediocre.

I must be in the wrong place. Anybody know of a forum for people who like Gopher basketball?

JTG

Top Bottom