Isaiah Washington says he will “definitely” be back next year.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

If true, I can respect sticking through the adversity. I still think he can be a successful player. He has 2 years left.

Surprising if true but I think he can make a good contribution.

surprising if true. will need a few long talks with he and the coaches. something was off on both sides this year.

I’d welcome him back. Talented. Needs to figure his **** out

I'd rather have the open scholarship based on what I've seen.

Not surprising. The only people that were suggesting that he was leaving were the Reusse fans on this forum.

His passing and ability to wiggle through defenses to open things up for his teammates were always high points for me.

His dribbling down and jacking up a shot without passing once is where I got frustrated. If he stays, hopefully he can find the balance between those two.

Great news. He's got a whole different gear than anyone else we've seen. Improve the shot and defense, and he's going to be a big contributor next year.:clap:

If I was Washington, I would not come back unless I had some type of assurance from Pitino that things would be different. I'm not saying Washington is blameless, but there clearly was a disconnect between player and coach.

For lack of a better phrase, they need to have some kind of a 'contract' that spells things out - if Washington does A, B and C, he will get consistent playing time.

Have you been drinking? all the FUD makes me thing you should be on some sort of 24 hour suicide prevention watch.

He was apparently so bad that he couldn't play the last 10 games of the big 10 season or whatever the hell the number was.

Stull and Hurt would play before him.

I'm missing something. Your head coach that you love benched him and thought nothing of him. What was Richard missing?

He was apparently so bad that he couldn't play the last 10 games of the big 10 season or whatever the hell the number was.

Stull and Hurt would play before him.

I'm missing something. Your head coach that you love benched him and thought nothing of him. What was Richard missing?

No seriously, Are you mentally going to be OK. You are kind of making me nervous... like you are going to have a complete FUD meltdown

No seriously, Are you mentally going to be OK. You are kind of making me nervous... like you are going to have a complete FUD meltdown

A meltdown because I'd rather see him leave and use the scholarship on someone else? Why of course I'm melting down. He's shown very little in 2 years. Like most gopherholers though, next year they will get much better.

You never touched my question by the way!

Your coach played Still and Hurt more. LMAO

A meltdown because I'd rather see him leave and use the scholarship on someone else? Why of course.

You never touched my question by the way!

Your coach played Still and Hurt more. LMAO

lol you didnt touch mine..

If I was Washington, I would not come back unless I had some type of assurance from Pitino that things would be different. I'm not saying Washington is blameless, but there clearly was a disconnect between player and coach.

For lack of a better phrase, they need to have some kind of a 'contract' that spells things out - if Washington does A, B and C, he will get consistent playing time.

Or he could just play better? Maybe try a little harder on defense and not jack up contested jumpers.

All Pitino should be guaranteeing is an opportunity to compete for a role, that’s it.

he seems fine. Someone having a different opinion than you does not make them mentally unstable.

lol you didnt touch mine..

What was your question again?

If thinking I'd rather have washington leave and use the scholarship on someone else, then yes, I'm melting down for sure.

Last edited:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but the world would be a much better place if you swallowed about 2 or 3 cyanide capsules.

Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is great news! He had a relatively good game tonight against MSU.

Why wouldn't you believe they already have the 'contract'. It was obvious he was enjoying the team by his side line celebrations. I am thinking exactly the opposite. I think there was a strong connection with IW and the Pitino. Pitino recruited IW, he never said he would start. If Pitino is worth a ****, he has pointed out IW's faults and together they are trying to correct them.

I’m glad to hear this. I enjoyed watching him play today. He has handles like no other Gopher and is a good passer when he has players around him that can catch a ball.

Given how he has handled his “benching”, maybe that conversation has been happening. Maybe Pitino and he agreed the best thing he could do for awhile is step back, relax, practice hard, and simply watch and learn. My guess is there has been communication as the sentiment from players is they have known where they stood with Pitino.

Top Bottom