Thank you for the memories Jordan Murphy. Absolute legend.

An absolute class act who embodies everything great about college athletics. I really am going to miss seeing him in a Gopher uni. He deserves sucess at the next level whether that means playing basketball or finding sucess in his career outside of the game. Thank you Jordan Murphy, I'll be there when we raise your number.

When you look up Gopher Basketball in the Webster dictionary there should be a picture of Jordan Murphy.

Years from now, all of us will be able to point up to his jersey in the rafters of the Barn and say that we were fortunate to watch him play at the U!

Best I've seen in a Gopher Uniform.
Loved every minute u played!! Congrats on the Great career!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jordan, it was a delight to watch you play. You were a class act and an all-time Gopher great. We’re all proud of your accomplishments.

Thanks for the rebounds Jordan. The oh so many rebounds.

So much fun to watch Murphy. It was tough to see him go out like that yesterday and it really gave the team no shot. He was a beast throughout his whole career. I especially enjoyed his consecutive double/double streak and tying to best Tim Duncan for the all time record last year. It was amazing! What does he have for his career something like 66? It's more than anyone in the BiG I believe and right up there for all time.

So impressive for a guy his size! Going to miss you Mr. Murphy...hopefully you can continue your career if you so choose.

Idk if you'll ever read this but grats on such a great career. Best of luck to you moving foward.

Really enjoyed watching Jordan play and grateful for all his hard work to help the team/program. Best of luck to him in whatever comes next!

Jordan is the type of man that any company would be thrilled to hire. His work ethic and integrity, while drama happened all around him, made him a role model and mentor to show off to others. Whether it's playing basketball for years to come or jumping into some other field of work, I suspect Jordan will set the company standard of what it means to be a man of integrity.
Thank you, Jordan, for blessing our Gopher Nation with your presence and character. You will always have a prominent place in our community. We wish you the world. Blessings to you as you walk your path.

Jordan is going to make lots of money playing basketball, somewhere and he deserves. It's sad that he didn't get to go out playing, but I'm really happy he had this run (Big Ten Tournament, NCAA).

He's a Gopher legend.. That's not bad for the guy we got instead of Alex Illikainen.

Jordan is the type of man that any company would be thrilled to hire. His work ethic and integrity, while drama happened all around him, made him a role model and mentor to show off to others. Whether it's playing basketball for years to come or jumping into some other field of work, I suspect Jordan will set the company standard of what it means to be a man of integrity.
Thank you, Jordan, for blessing our Gopher Nation with your presence and character. You will always have a prominent place in our community. We wish you the world. Blessings to you as you walk your path.

Well said. Jordan is a guy we can look up to and be grateful for for things beyond basketball. With our short memories, we can easily forget that after the disaster, he could have gone anywhere in the country to play and he chose to stay here. That's remarkable, and it is highly likely that back channel people were encouraging him to do that.

On the court, his stats speak for themselves, but as I look back his durability is nothing short of amazing. To never miss a practice or a game in four years playing as an undersized power forward in the Big Ten is amazing. With the beating he took, he probably could have taken a night off, but never did. Thanks for the example of work ethic.

Many, many people are saying he reminds them of me. Just sayin

There is no question Murphy is a great basketball player and should have his jersey in the rafters at the barn, but his true mark is he is a model of how everything should be done. He plays the game in a way that is unfortunately rare: relentless, humble, undaunted, never defeated, positive, no excuses, never blaming others, got more out of his God given gifts than anyone else I can think of. Hats off to you Murphy you inspire us all. We are proud of you and feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to watch and cheer for you for 4 years.

There is no question Murphy is a great basketball player and should have his jersey in the rafters at the barn, but his true mark is he is a model of how everything should be done. He plays the game in a way that is unfortunately rare: relentless, humble, undaunted, never defeated, positive, no excuses, never blaming others, got more out of his God given gifts than anyone else I can think of. Hats off to you Murphy you inspire us all. We are proud of you and feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to watch and cheer for you for 4 years.

Very well said.

Dude was a joy to watch. Never made an excuses. Absolute grinder. If every player on the team year in and out had his heart, grit and determination, we'd be a hell of a lot better team. Damn happy to say he was a Gopher and he deserves to have his name up in the rafters.

Thank you Jordan Murphy, it has been a great joy to watch you play. You have been an ideal representative of your team, this University and this community. Your parents and family must be so proud of you and all you have accomplished. I wish you great success wherever your basketball career and life take you. Please always remember that this is your second home and you will always be welcome here.

Jordan Murphy:

Positives
Hard working
Competitive
Leader
Committed
Loyal
Great teammate
Classy
Extremely talented

Negatives

He's graduating

You had a hell of a career as a Gopher on and off the court. The sky's the limit for you, Jordan...can't wait to see your jersey in the rafters!

I admired his style of play and his productivity on the court, but what I have probably admired the most has been his demeanor. He brought a toughness and a consistency that is becoming rarer. He stayed pretty even-keeled and focused on the objective, as he did not get too high during times of success or too low during times of difficulty.

Thanks for being a Gopher, Jordan, and good luck with your future endeavors! In addition to your great success on the court, your awesome approach to adversity will serve you very well off the basketball court.

Thank you Jordan! It's been an honor to watch you grow on and off the court for the past four years, in basketball prowess and mental maturity. Thanks for never taking anything for granted, working hard every day, being a great teammate and awesome representative of a UMN student athlete. Will miss watching you play basketball. Blessings in your future endeavors!

Even the only real drawback I can think of, getting into foul trouble early, he kept that pretty much in check this senior season.

Glad I had the chance to be there for Murphy's last 2 games. Gopher fans owned Des Moines this weekend.

Even the only real drawback I can think of, getting into foul trouble early, he kept that pretty much in check this senior season.

Glad I had the chance to be there for Murphy's last 2 games. Gopher fans owned Des Moines this weekend.

Any guess how many were there on Saturday? On TV it didn't look like a lot but I'm guessing there were a bunch in the upper decks that TV wasn't showing.

Any guess how many were there on Saturday? On TV it didn't look like a lot but I'm guessing there were a bunch in the upper decks that TV wasn't showing.

A little hard to gage with Iowa St locals and the red seats being similar color to maroon, but I would guess 4,000 (25% capacity). For sure more than Michigan & Michigan State combined.

Thank you, Jordan! We're going to miss you next year!

Jordan Murphy, Dupree McBrayer, and Jarvis Johnson were exactly the type of kids you want in your program and representatives for the University of Minnesota. All went through some type of obstacle or tough time and battled through it to make a positive impact on our program in any way they could. Whether it was the remarkable statistics that Jordan put up through his career, Dupree being a great leader and excellent defender even when things didn't go his way offensively, or Jarvis being an excellent teammate throughout his career when he would've killed to be out there reppin his home state but the doctors wouldn't allow it.

Just a pleasure to have you be a part of our UofM family. You’ve given us so much pleasure and pride to root for.

Wishing you fair winds and a following sea Mr. Murphy!

One of the best, one of the classiest, one of the hardest working to ever wear maroon. Retire his jersey. Should be an easy decision.

Top Bottom