Thank you for the memories Jordan Murphy. Absolute legend.

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think Jordan will do very very well in life. Class act.

Get that jersey ready for the rafters ! Love his game and will miss seeing him @ the barn.

Hear, hear. Jordan, thank you for all your hard work and effort over these four years. It has been such a pleasure watching you, and I wish you the best of luck in the future. Go Gophers.

His jersey should be in the rafters on opening day.

Murphy is the best four year gopher of my lifetime. It isn’t close.

Will miss him. So reliable. So passionate. Seems like a really truly good guy. I hope he is wildly successful in life.

I will remember Murphy fondly. One of my favorite gophers ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an absolute class act in every aspect. I'm glad he was able to get the curtain call he deserved.

Great career Jordan. Sorry it ended this way.

Absolute pleasure to watch these last 4 years through the ups and downs he was always there giving 100% and as a fan that’s all you can ask for!

Nobody did more with less physically than Murph. Heart of a lion and the mind and body of a warrior. Ironic (in a Gopher kinda way) that after never missing a game or practice, he has to watch his last game in a Gopher uniform with his back locked up.

He was a beast and we were blessed to have him wear MINNESOTA on his chest. Much love

Unfortunate that one of the most durable players ever was limited due to an injury in his final game. Class move by Pitino to get him in the game one last time. Great player who will be impossible to replace.

At one point in the pregame they mentioned that one of the MSU players was tied for the team lead with 6 double doubles.....that was like a single week for Murphy :)

Seriously, we need to start a petition to get his jersey put up in the barn (if the U doesn't do it themselves), because he's been nothing but humble, hard working, and the stats don't lie.

You could read Izzo’s lips when he shook hands with Pitino after the game. The first thing he said was what happened with Murphy.

In my opinion, we've been richly blessed to have had Jordan Murphy. He deserves the best.

one of the all time greats no doubt.

Probably my favorite Gopher ever, shame it ended the way it did but what a career.

Seems like everyone in the arena, including MSU, Michigan, and Iowa fans was cheering for him. That says a lot. No matter what happens with his future career he will be a Gopher legend and I'm glad I had the chance to see him play. Guys like him don't come around too often.

Arguably the most productive Gopher ever. I shed a genuine tear at his curtain call, and hope he can somehow continue his dream.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Very sad for Jordan’s career to end the way it did but he was for sure an all time great for Minnesota. A great kid who worked hard and got the most of what he had to work with. I feel bad for him that the teams he was on didn’t reach there full potential. Thanks for everything you accomplished and the best of luck to you......... High motor Murph!!!!!!!!!

He looks heart broken.
It sounds like he is going to try and continue his basketball career.
I hope a smart coach can find a way to utilize his unique skill set. He has the best use of leverage and the greatest nose for the ball. I really hope to see him play some more.

Would love to see him be able to go back home to San Antonio and play for Pop.

There aren't many players who somehow seem to transcend the game itself. I tbought Kirby Puckett did that with his joy of playing the game, always sprinting out grounders despite being a superstar, clutch play. Murphy is a different personality than Puckett obviously, but I see Murphy in that vein as he played in such an unselfish, understated way during an overstated era, never missing a game or practice in 4 seasons, and coming up biggest when his coach and team needed him most.
Both guys certainly squeezed everything out of their natural talents, which is the greatest compliment an athlete can be given.

Here are a few from yesterday -> and there are more on the YouTube GopherHole channel.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PJbI-yn8OGw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/g3299P0F_eM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Absolute class act. Pure focus. Understated grit, power and talent. He is possessed of everything that is admirable and successful. We need many, many more like him in the program and in life.

I'd say that I'm going to miss him, but I'd like to think somehow I'll meet him in real life!

Thank you for hard work, commitment, faith when it was hard to have, and more than anything your solid character. Plus the rebounds and points didn't hurt!

Top Bottom