I'm nervous. Help.

maliksealy

Reaction score
Sitting in my apartment just a few miles away from downtown Des Moines, I'm a wreck. I think we legitimately have a shot to get this done tonight. I can't cope. Help.

Sitting in my apartment just a few miles away from downtown Des Moines, I'm a wreck. I think we legitimately have a shot to get this done tonight. I can't cope. Help.

Get the job done as the 6th man. Stay in your lane and bring back a win!

LETS GO! WILLIAMS ARENA SOUTH!

I expect 10,000 people, at least, cheering for the Gophers. Maybe 12,000, maybe more. Everyone hates Izzo and loves an upset.

We'll definitely have the home court advantage. Nothing to lose although a win could be a big spark for this program. I'm nervous as well.

LETS GO! WILLIAMS ARENA SOUTH!

I expect 10,000 people, at least, cheering for the Gophers. Maybe 12,000, maybe more. Everyone hates Izzo and loves an upset.

Yes, we should clearly have the crowd (most of the crowd watching on TV around the country as well). Hope that helps.

Nothing to lose although a win could be a big spark for this program. I'm nervous as well.

"Nothing to lose" Well said! That's exactly why I'm not nervous. The team already has accomplished more than most thought they could a month ago.

Just to get this out of my system: I really hate that we're playing a BT team tonight. I'm sick of Izzo, I didn't enjoy watching them Thursday. So I'm nervous and irritable. Can't decide if the gametime beer will intensify this, or smooth it out...will be working on getting the fun back into this!

Xanex and Wiskey. You could try chasing the misses around the apartment naked, that usually helps.

The Gophers have only lost 4 times at home or on a neutral court all season. This will feel like a home game.

Gophers are coming off of some great play. MSU is coming off of a game where a 16 seed played them closely for 35 minutes.

MSU relies on outside shooting which means they're in trouble if their shots aren't falling. They aren't versatile enough to beat us on a bad shooting day unless we make a ton of mistakes.

And, worst case scenario, this is tied for our best season in 29 years. Even if we lose, playing at prime time on CBS less than 4 hours away from Minneapolis will be great for the program.

Just to get this out of my system: I really hate that we're playing a BT team tonight. I'm sick of Izzo, I didn't enjoy watching them Thursday. So I'm nervous and irritable. Can't decide if the gametime beer will intensify this, or smooth it out...will be working on getting the fun back into this!

A top shelf blended whiskey, perhaps two, instead of the beer will provide the needed adjustment.

I have a feeling MSU is going to roll. Tied at 0. 5-point MSU lead at halftime. That lead balloons to 18 but Minnesota cuts it to 12 to end the game. Of course, I also didn't expect to get swept by the worst team in the Big Ten this year.

I have a feeling MSU is going to roll. Tied at 0. 5-point MSU lead at halftime. That lead balloons to 18 but Minnesota cuts it to 12 to end the game. Of course, I also didn't expect to get swept by the worst team in the Big Ten this year.

Go to your own board.

On any regular given day i'd realistically be quite nervous and give Sparty the edge in this matchup. But this is no ordinary day - it's the field of 32 in the NCAA, and i think this game is going to be a nail biter, (one way or the other), when it comes down to it. Just show up, battle, and make it a game. I won't judge a loss today as long as everyone gives max effort. Who can make or stop that last shot? Can't wait to find out! GO GOPHERS! :)

Hoping for a good game...chance to win with 5 minutes remaining...then the players will decide. Go Gophers!

Just going to enjoy it. Beautiful day. Momentum for the program. Would love a win, but the gophs have already made this spring even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maliksealy, fellow west-side-of-Des-Moines-Gopher here. Feeling for you man. You gotta get out of the apartment. Wondering - are you planning to go down and try to get tickets for the game tonight on the street. I'm still debating. We went on Thursday and a terrific time. If we don't end up at the game, I think we might hit the big screens in the craft beer tents downtown. Anyways wishing you the best today and tonight.

It's not right and it takes some of the fun out of it. That's what you get with these stupid, bloated mega conferences.

If all else fails, let Don Julio hold your hand to calm your nerves.

News on Matz?

There is nothing to lose. I'm not nervous at all. We have one game to give it all. Leave it all on the court and let the chips fall where they may.

Maliksealy, fellow west-side-of-Des-Moines-Gopher here. Feeling for you man. You gotta get out of the apartment. Wondering - are you planning to go down and try to get tickets for the game tonight on the street. I'm still debating. We went on Thursday and a terrific time. If we don't end up at the game, I think we might hit the big screens in the craft beer tents downtown. Anyways wishing you the best today and tonight.
See Holy Man's 6th man comment above!

News on Matz?

He apparently was on the bench in sweats for morning shoot-around so I doubt he plays. That's tough, could have used his size against Sparty. On a positive note, Murph did participate and looked pretty good. Hopefully he's a full-go tonight.

Would love to see the seniors get the upset tonight but I think we are a long shot. Hopefully, this means MSU comes out tight with cold shooting and we play inspired ball. Did not expect them to be in the field of 32 so it's all a bonus. Go Gophers !

Have you tried Prozac or Zoloft?

Top Bottom