WNIT Game 2: Gophers visit Cincinnati: (3-24-19)

First Half: Gophers used 7-player rotation

Staples - 18 mins, 3 RBs, 3Pts
Bell - 20, 1, 13
Pitts - 11, 3, 5
Perez - 20, 0, 9
T Bello - 18, 3, 4
Kaposi - 4, 2, 0
Lamke - 9, 2, 2

Bell and Perez keeping us in this game. With Pitts sitting a lot, Bello and Lamke will need to shoot more.

Anyone know why we cannot host if we win. I thought WNIT was about ticket sales. We would have drawn over 4000 today at least.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Cincinnati is 3rd in their conference 12-4 (22-10).

Butler won round 2. They are 3rd in their conference 11-7 (23-9).

The Gophers finished 7th in the Big Ten 9-9 (21-10.

So, in fairness they are going by the record. Whoever wins this game have to go on the road against Butler.

Last edited:

Getting tired of every Cincy score getting a replay.. but its BearcatTV, so I guess to be expected.

The game is uncomfortably too close.

Gophers allowing some offensive boards by the Cats. Big 3 for Staples near the end of the quarter. Pitts not playing well so far today. Forcing some shots in the third quarter.

Cincinnati is 3rd in their conference 12-4 (22-10).

Butler won round 2. They are 3rd in their conference 11-7 (23-9).

The Gophers finished 7th in the Big Ten 9-9 (21-10.

So, in fairness they are going by the record. Whoever wins this game have to go on the road against Butler.

You just made that up.;)

We're getting flat footed. Don't like our intensity right now.

The Gophers are sluggish and this may cost them the game.

Destiny Pitts is going to shoot us to a loss. Her shot selection today has been ridiculous, bordering on selfish.

Pitts and Bello both look like they don't care if their season ends today.

Offensive rebounds have killed the gophers.

They gave Staples a clear lane to the basket, and she passes it out to the perimeter. That's the kind of game it's been.... again.

Geeeez. Lindsay needs to lay into these girls in the locker room afterwards, especially Pitts and Bello. Effort today just wasn't acceptable, will not impress undecided recruits.

Bad play in the second half, blew a game they should have won.

Geeeez. Lindsay needs to lay into these girls in the locker room afterwards, especially Pitts and Bello. Effort today just wasn't acceptable, will not impress undecided recruits.

Friday night game, up at 4am saturday morning to get the airport( no charter this weekend), sunday afternoon game is tough on a team with no bench. Players looked gassed in the 4th quarter.

Very disappointing end to the season, just seem to be flat all game, should’ve had a double digit lead in first half with the missed free throws but not sure that would have been enough as bad as they looked in the seconds half. Sad to see Bell and the seniors go but I hope this team gets some depth next year and another scoring option as Pitts now moves into the spotlight and defenses will be game planning to stop her.

It's embarrassing getting beat by an AAC team not named UConn.

Staples knew you would be upset if she hadn't kicked to a wide open Perez!

Top Bottom