***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN STATE VS MINNESOTA NCAA TOURNAMENT IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
The Gophers and Spartans will make history on Saturday night with no BT teams ever playing this early in the NCAA Tournament and with a Sweet 16 appearance on the line. It got ugly for the good guys when they faced earlier in the season, let's hope we don't see a repeat of that. Izzo will be ready to exploit our lack of depth in the front court, we will have to stay out of foul trouble.

We should have the crowd advantage and the Michigan fans will help as well. So excited!

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Izzo implied that they'd be happy just to be playing on Saturday! Let's hope that's where their season ends. See everybody at Johnny's tomorrow. I better hear everyone cheering loudly. Go Gophers!

Here’s hoping we have decent refs again. Did you see how bad the refs were for Oregon whiskey?

Wanna see that izzo rage again today. Where his players have to restrain him as he’s berating one of his players.

MSU is favored by 11 today.

Go Gophers!!

Big game. Huge game. Massive game. Biggest game in years.

Whatever happens, I'm proud of this team, but I really want to see a win.

Pissed this is the best the committee could do in terms of pairings but it is what it is. Murphy needs to stay out of foul trouble and McBrayer needs to hit some clutch shots. He’s been lurking in the shadows of late. Let’s frigging dig deep boys and bring it today!!

Go Gophers!!

Let's @#$%@ GO!!!!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Need to have a good start - in our lousy games this year we were way off at the start of each game.

Agree there HAS to be a good start because usually what you see with this particular team within the first 5 minutes seems pretty indicative of what to expect the rest of game.

I'll steal a line from Coach Fleck during halftime of the Gopher football win at Wisconsin: "Don't be afraid to be a legend."

Have fun and play loose, you literally have nothing to lose. You're 10-11 point dogs, nobody is expecting you to win. You're one of 32 teams left, and a few weeks ago nobody thought that would've been possible. As Pitino told his team after beating Purdue, "You're one of the least talked about teams in the country."

Well, that all changes if the Gophers win tonight. Lay it all out there, have fun. Hope Murphy can go, it's a bonus if Stockman can play at all. Embrace the opportunity, and don't be afraid to be a legend.

Pissed this is the best the committee could do in terms of pairings but it is what it is. Murphy needs to stay out of foul trouble and McBrayer needs to hit some clutch shots. He’s been lurking in the shadows of late. Let’s frigging dig deep boys and bring it today!!

Go Gophers!!

Agree, wish we were playing a non B1G school. Why I'm pessimistic: Louisville allowed us to get too many uncontested 3-pointers, MSU will not. Remember when Gabe was knocking them down before B1G season started? And then in conference play, seems like teams learned to cover Gabe like a blanket. Some reason Louisville failed to recognize this in their scouting. MSU is not going to make the same mistake. Of course, I hope I'm wrong!

Is Stockman out? I haven't heard anything...

Agree, wish we were playing a non B1G school. Why I'm pessimistic: Louisville allowed us to get too many uncontested 3-pointers, MSU will not. Remember when Gabe was knocking them down before B1G season started? And then in conference play, seems like teams learned to cover Gabe like a blanket. Some reason Louisville failed to recognize this in their scouting. MSU is not going to make the same mistake. Of course, I hope I'm wrong!

We hit Louisville with our secret weapon. Murph bombing away from 3. They never saw it coming. Sparty will need to get up in his face and he'll be driving by for the throw down slams all game long. Sounds like a 30 point 20 rebound effort coming.

They need a Vegas prop bet on the Gophers- will the bench score at least 1 pt?

The first to 15 prop bets out there have been awesome to watch, need more of those things

I just hope the game is in single digits. Give us a chance and make it exciting. Anything more than that is gravy for me.

Murphy not doing any shooting during warm up

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Murphy now taking some shots

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom