***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN STATE VS MINNESOTA NCAA TOURNAMENT IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Obviously we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes but it’s really unfortunate that IW basically lost a year of development because he couldn’t get off the bench. Then you see him out there tonight and he plays a really good game offensively.

One of few positives is I think Omersa proved he'll be able to compete with some development. Certainly wasn't destroyed by any means

We got blown out of the water, sir!

MSU has been sleep walking most of the game, too!

I'm happy with nothing!
BOOM! Goes the dynamite!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Losing by more.

Mcbrayer and Kalshuer are 0-12.
Where would we be if they were 6-12? 10-12?
Losing by less

True. But McBreyer being a terrible shooter is not uncommon. An Izzo team treating the ball like a greased pig is.

This will be one of the all-time great Izzo patronizing post-game pressers. He’s always been great at giving the Gophers a gentle pat on the head before shooing them away, but tonight promises to be special.

If you read this board after MSU games, well, they are just too good and have too much talent.

Well, let's get someone in here that might close the talent gap.

I'm sick of being steam rolled by these clowns all the time. This isn't even a great MSU team.

What happens next year when Murphy is no longer here? If it's like today... it's gonna be a long long long season next year.

One of few positives is I think Omersa proved he'll be able to compete with some development. Certainly wasn't destroyed by any means

Omersa could be a player. He needs a lot of work on offense, and more strength, but he could be a player.

At least 5 B1G teams will be in the sweet 16. I wish we were one of them.

We got blown out of the water, sir!

MSU has been sleep walking most of the game, too!

I'm happy with nothing!

When you have Hurt playing 20+ minutes and Stuhl playing 10 what do you expect man? Seriously.....Michigan State was the better team BEFORE Murphy went down.

Glad Murph is back in for a curtain call.

When you have Hurt playing 20+ minutes and Stuhl playing 10 what do you expect man? Seriously.....Michigan State was the better team BEFORE Murphy went down.

I expect better players. These guys are first off the bench for heaven's sake.

Much respect to Murphy... sad this is how it ended but this guy needs to get his jersey put up at the Barn. And I'm not talking about in 10 years, I'm talking about after the season!

Thank you Murph. You were a warrior and a great representative of our school and program. You will be sorely missed.

I think next year is going to be a challenging year. We have Coffey, Gabe, Oturu, and MC we don’t know how good he is going to be. We don’t have a bench, we have one recruit so far, and everyone else needs development.

Thank you Murph. You were a warrior and a great representative of our school and program. You will be sorely missed.

I was talking to a few Iowa people a couple of weeks ago, and they said Murphy is one of those players that they swear played for 6 years. That's the best compliment you can get.

Lot of minutes for Omersa tonight and I think he did well all things considered.
He looked like a fiesty defender, and if he can get a bit of offense with his game, he'll be a solid contributor.

Hope we make the tournament again next year!

It could be worse. We could be Nova right now.

The Big Ten is good.
Losing to MSU by 20 isn't horrible. Obviously not what we wanted, but I'd like to see a Big Ten team finally win a title. It's been too long for as good of a conference as this is.

I think next year is going to be a challenging year. We have Coffey, Gabe, Oturu, and MC we don’t know how good he is going to be. We don’t have a bench, we have one recruit so far, and everyone else needs development.

So 1st team all conference caliber, 2 all-freshman team worthy players, and a PG who averaged double digits in the ACC as a freshman? I can think of worse rosters to build around

Outrebounded 45 to 19...Omersa led us with 7 boards... 2 for 22 on 3's...about the only bright spot, 6 turnovers

I actually saw some reasons for hope tonight. No Murphy. No Stock. No Curry. GK couldn’t score. DM couldn’t score. And yet, they put a brief second half scare on the best team in their own conference, forcing the best player in the conference to bail them out. And Murphy got his curtain call in front of a maroon and gold traveling crowd. A fitting finality to a quality season.

Last edited:

Top Bottom