***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN STATE VS MINNESOTA NCAA TOURNAMENT IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

So 1st team all conference caliber, 2 all-freshman team worthy players, and a PG who averaged double digits in the ACC as a freshman? I can think of worse rosters to build around

Ya our core is gonna be just fine. Just depends on if we can find 4 other people to contribute.

So 1st team all conference caliber, 2 all-freshman team worthy players, and a PG who averaged double digits in the ACC as a freshman? I can think of worse rosters to build around

We shall see. And if I’m wrong next year. I’ll gladly say I was wrong.

I expect better players. These guys are first off the bench for heaven's sake.

lol, some people will never understand... they forget to realize that Pitino had 6 years to shape his roster, and this is the best he could do. Sadly they can only see what's in front of them, not realizing we're talking about the whole situation. Sure it wasn't Pitino's fault Murphy, Curry, and Stockman was out... but it's definitely Pitino's fault that we have only one real point guard who was eligible to play yet didn't even sniff the court most of the time, and ughh... having to play Stull and Hurt and Omersa as the first off the bench like you said. Sad.

Some of you guys really are f...ed up.

Our best player played 0 minutes. And you guys RIP the rest.....embarrassing

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lol, some people will never understand... they forget to realize that Pitino had 6 years to shape his roster, and this is the best he could do. Sadly they can only see what's in front of them, not realizing we're talking about the whole situation. Sure it wasn't Pitino's fault Murphy, Curry, and Stockman was out... but it's definitely Pitino's fault that we have only one real point guard who was eligible to play yet didn't even sniff the court most of the time, and ughh... having to play Stull and Hurt and Omersa as the first off the bench like you said. Sad.

Sad meaning you are crying?

Hats off to this team for playing their hearts off.

They've only one signed player in SG Tre Williams. They should have four open scholies plus more if anyone transfers out or enter the NBA Draft. They need a couple of transfers in the type of players like Akeem Springs, Reggie Lynch (on the basketball court), Trevor Mbakwe.

This team also need some crazy luck in recruiting.

Also I think you misinterpreted what I was saying. Outside of those 4 players what do we have? Reread what I wrote.

Jay Wright should have been fired at half if you use some of the logic people have.. When 3 of your top 4 big men are out against arguably the toughest rebounding team in the country it’s not going to be pretty if you aren’t making 3s.

I do believe a lot of people call Mcbrayer Mcbrick. Thank you for singling me out. I’m glad he plays hard. That doesn’t make up for the fact he is not a good player, you twat.

Well, you did call him that.

If those two leave, they are getting bad advice from somewhere because they have no business leaving at this point.

Some of you call Murphy the best player you've seen as a gopher.

Yet we will be fine next year. We finished below .500 in the big 10 with the best player you've seen in a gopher uniform.

I wish I knew what I was missing about next year.

If those two leave, they are getting bad advice from somewhere because they have no business leaving at this point.

Have you seen some of the schit players that are in the NBA?

I'm scared as hell about Coffey moving on.

Yet we will be fine next year. We finished below .500 in the big 10 with the best player you've seen in a gopher uniform.

WUT? LOL

Not one point was scored by our seniors. I don't expect any out of Stull and Murphy was crippled but it is sad to see McBrayer go out like this too.

Well you called me a twat and then told me to crawl under the bridge I came from. What if I did live under a bridge and made it out of poverty you insensitive prick?

Perfect example of why personal insults never work. Thanks seniors for giving it all, for winning a tourney game. MSU was so vulnerable with all the injuries and horrible turnovers but once Murph got hurt that ended that.

Congratulations to Coach Pitino and the team. Some awfully fun games to watch here at the end of the season. Can't make it up how we end up with 3 out of top 4 front court players out for MSU. Hopefully post-season success will lead to extra interest from recruits.

Overall, this was a good season for the Gophers. There were some letdowns, but I find myself more optimistic about their future than I was 3 weeks ago. With the injuries to their frontcourt (and if you want to include the denial of Marcus Carr as well), they were definitely shorthanded, and my mind was telling me not to expect much out of them in this game. I was pleasantly surprised with Omersa's performance in this game, as he had not shown much of anything prior to this one. But, he looks like he will bring a tenacity to their team that has been much-needed.

Overall, this was a good season for the Gophers. There were some letdowns, but I find myself more optimistic about their future than I was 3 weeks ago. With the injuries to their frontcourt (and if you want to include the denial of Marcus Carr as well), they were definitely shorthanded, and my mind was telling me not to expect much out of them in this game. I was pleasantly surprised with Omersa's performance in this game, as he had not shown much of anything prior to this one. But, he looks like he will bring a tenacity to their team that has been much-needed.

Well, if Carr is any good......we'll now have him an extra year!

There are a lot of simultaneous "we had no chance without Murphy" and "next year will be fine without Murphy" takes going on here.

Do I need to dumb this down for you RolGnav?

One easy off-season to do: Someone please work with Omersa on his FT's.

There are a lot of simultaneous "we had no chance without Murphy" and "next year will be fine without Murphy" takes going on here.

They call Murphy the best gopher they've seen, yet we will be better next year.

I try not to laugh sometimes, but after a game like this, the comedy is good for the soul

Guard play wins games. We had a wing playing PG and our only natural PG that could play was in the dog house for a month. With the addition of Carr and hopefully a spring PG (to what I’m guessing replace IW) the team should flow much smoother.

They call Murphy the best gopher they've seen, yet we will be better next year.

I try not to laugh sometimes, but after a game like this, the comedy is good for the soul

Don't lie. You don't try not to laugh. At all. You're a troll. Those laughs help you forget about your real life.

Top Bottom