Women's Hockey Frozen Four Today!

Up by one in the third. Never seen an arena with the teams on the opposite side of the rink. Minnesota up, but I don't think they are playing as well as they could. Awesome goal tending.

Up by one in the third. Never seen an arena with the teams on the opposite side of the rink. Minnesota up, but I don't think they are playing as well as they could. Awesome goal tending.

2-0 final with last goal an empty netter.

Yay Lady Gophers!!!

Old Mariucci (now the pavilion) had a setup with the benches opposite of each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its an older setup, but lots of arenas did it. Its a cheap way to get an advantage for the home team as they are always right next to the penalty box and the visitors have to skate across the ice. Its dumb and not allowed in the pro game. Should be outlawed in all new arenas...

Puck drops in 15 minutes. Last time they played each other, Wisconsin at its A game MN was just above A-. These two teams can't afford any mistakes. Looks to be a good game. Go Lady Gophers!

My brain is off today. I could have sworn the game was on today. On Sunday at 1:30 p.m. Two days off in between semi-finals and the finals.

At this point, the Gophers lack of speed defensively and tendency to turn the puck over in the worst possible place is coming back to bite them hard.

Down 2-0 mid-second period. Second Badger goal was inexcusable. Letting Wisconsin's best player skate in uncontested from a sharp angle to roof it over your goal tender in a championship game is how you get beat.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

At this point, the Gophers lack of speed defensively and tendency to turn the puck over in the worst possible place is coming back to bite them hard.

Down 2-0 mid-second period. Second Badger goal was inexcusable. Letting Wisconsin's best player skate in uncontested from a sharp angle to roof it over your goal tender in a championship game is how you get beat.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

What difference does it make. This team can’t score against good teams. I never thought they would win today.

What difference does it make. This team can’t score against good teams. I never thought they would win today.

Well, giving up a bad goal definitely makes a difference when you aren't scoring. Thought that might be obvious, but I guess not.

I agree with your overall assessment however. Wisconsin is just a much better team than this group of Gophers.

lol..that's funny. What you mean is they have trouble scoring against Wisconsin. Nobody could score against Wisconsin. And they beat them twice.

Gophers had a very good team and a very good season. Wisconsin..great/great. Give some credit where credit is due.

Good for you for being so smart you never thought they would win :clap:

lol..that's funny. What you mean is they have trouble scoring against Wisconsin. Nobody could score against Wisconsin. And they beat them twice.

Gophers had a very good team and a very good season. Wisconsin..great/great. Give some credit where credit is due.

Good for you for being so smart you never thought they would win :clap:

You don’t have to be smart. Look at their scoring history against Wisconsin and upper tier teams. After they beat Cornell 2-0 with one being an ENG I knew they would again have trouble scoring against Wisconsin.

You don’t have to be smart. Look at their scoring history against Wisconsin and upper tier teams. After they beat Cornell 2-0 with one being an ENG I knew they would again have trouble scoring against Wisconsin.

Sorry about that.
It's just that everybody has trouble scoring against Wisconsin.

They have actually had the best team in women's hockey for three- maybe four years- without any national championships til now. I was hoping we could keep that string going, but the Badgers really deserved it.

Last edited:

Congratulations on you season ladies. You ran into a wall with Wisconsin's goalie. She is good and should be commended for keeping Wisconsin in the game to the end.

Top Bottom