Minnesota Moments: Out of Nowhere (Chapter Three)

Winfield actually blew it on the coverage and let the dude run by him and somehow recovered.

Gonna be one of those plays I'll never forget watching... nobody was near the receiver and then ... Winfield was just suddenly there. Even in the stadium where you can see the whole field I didn't see Winfield until he just sort of jumps out of nowhere.

Please lord baby jesus, keep Winfield healthy for the next two seasons.

I don't want to downplay Winfield's interception at all, but it really overshadowed the drive-saving catch on 3rd and 9 from the Minnesota 44 by Tyler Johnson. It was an amazing catch and at the time, I thought that would have be have made ESPN's highlights. It just got overshadowed by a play that was (arguably) even more amazing. Anyone have a clip of that catch?

I don't want to downplay Winfield's interception at all, but it really overshadowed the drive-saving catch on 3rd and 9 from the Minnesota 44 by Tyler Johnson. It was an amazing catch and at the time, I thought that would have be have made ESPN's highlights. It just got overshadowed by a play that was (arguably) even more amazing. Anyone have a clip of that catch?

Really was a big boy kinda catch.

Winfield actually blew it on the coverage and let the dude run by him and somehow recovered.

Gonna be one of those plays I'll never forget watching... nobody was near the receiver and then ... Winfield was just suddenly there. Even in the stadium where you can see the whole field I didn't see Winfield until he just sort of jumps out of nowhere.

The LB blew the coverage, not Winfield. He would have never been responsible to cover a tight end. Winfield took the RB in the flat as he should have. The RB threw. Winfield saved the game by making a play he wasn’t responsible for. Brilliant!

Last edited:

The LB blew the coverage, not Winfield. He would have never been responsible to cover a tight end. Winfield took the RB in the flat as he should have. The RB threw. Winfield saved the game by making a play he wasn’t responsible for. Brilliant!

Winfield said it was his man in another video.... so I took his word for it.

Winfield said it was his man in another video.... so I took his word for it.
I think in Smith's defense that Winfield was responsible for covering everyone.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Amen. It's like he said "I'll put 10 guys out there to take up space. Winfield - you cover the receiver. Don't ask which one! The one that ends up with the ball!"

It's funny because it's true

Top Bottom