Izzo not a fan of Michigan State facing Big Ten foe Minnesota in the 2nd Round

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Chicago Tribune:

It already was a long Big Ten season, as the conference played a 20-game schedule for the first time.

Michigan State and Minnesota played three more games against conference foes in last week’s Big Ten Tournament, which the Spartans won.

Make it 24 conference games for Michigan State and Minnesota. Sort of.

The Spartans and Golden Gophers will face each other Saturday in the second round of the NCAA Tournament in Des Moines.

“Playing another Big Ten team in the second game?” Michigan State coach Tom Izzo said on the CBS post-game interview. He slightly rolled his eyes. “(I) question that. But that’s the way it is. I think we’ll be ready to play.”

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...gan-state-ncaa-tournament-20190321-story.html

Go Gophers!!

Mich State could very well end up playing back to back B1G teams. They'd have the winner of Maryland-LSU after us, before getting bounced by Duke in the region final.

It's likely safe to say no team has ever played two conference rivals in the same regional. Pretty crappy planning by the committee IYAM.

Minnesota could very well end up playing back to back B1G teams. We'd have the winner of Maryland-LSU after us, before getting bounced by Duke in the region final.

It's likely safe to say no team has ever played two conference rivals in the same regional. Pretty crappy planning by the committee IYAM.

FIFY

Probably because I told him this morning, "Good luck coach, just don't beat the Gophers when we play on Saturday." He acknowledged me laughing that at least we'd both be still playing. I'll have to extrapolate that to mean they won't beat us. No wonder he doesn't want to play us. Thanks Izzo!

Top Bottom