Shama: Jim Dutcher, Al Nuness praise Pitino, Gophers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

Nuness, also a former Gopher captain as a player, referred to Minnesota’s performance as “by far” its best of the season. “The best all around game,” he said. “Defensively they played great. Offensive rebounding they played great. Shooting, especially from the three point line…they played very good. Turnovers, I think they had maybe five for the whole game.”

Nuness was also impressed with the coaching of Pitino and his staff. The Gophers, he said, changed up defenses including using a full court press. Louisville specializes in three pointers but Minnesota held the Cardinals to nine made threes and 34.6 percent on conversions.

“They played a heck of a game,” said Jim Dutcher, who coached the Gophers to the 1982 Big Ten championship. He called the win the biggest of Pitino’s six years at Minnesota.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

per Shama:

Nuness, also a former Gopher captain as a player, referred to Minnesota’s performance as “by far” its best of the season. “The best all around game,” he said. “Defensively they played great. Offensive rebounding they played great. Shooting, especially from the three point line…they played very good. Turnovers, I think they had maybe five for the whole game.”

Nuness was also impressed with the coaching of Pitino and his staff. The Gophers, he said, changed up defenses including using a full court press. Louisville specializes in three pointers but Minnesota held the Cardinals to nine made threes and 34.6 percent on conversions.

“They played a heck of a game,” said Jim Dutcher, who coached the Gophers to the 1982 Big Ten championship. He called the win the biggest of Pitino’s six years at Minnesota.

Go Gophers!!

I've said often that Richard can coach. Imagine what he'd do with a full roster of healthy, eligible players....he typically starts the season with about 8 candidates and 3 or more get hurt or manage to become in-eligible.
I wouldn't bet he doesn't shock Mr Izzo with his 5 guys plus a couple bodies. Be a very fun win Saturday and hopefully propel us to 4 or 5 new eligible guys for next year, along with the 3 we already have in waiting.
Then how good will we be next year?

per Shama:

Go Gophers!!

really loved Richard throwing these parts in. Really seemed to throw Louisville off at times

Top Bottom