Murphy is the greatest Gopher all time

These threads are touch because we always end up having to nitpick Gopher greats. So we can all agree, all of these people are awesome in the thread.

That said, Murph is considerably better than Trent Tucker. He scored more. He obviously is the best rebounder to ever play at the barn and he also had more assists per game than Trent Tucker.

Bobby Jackson is a tough argument. Bobby Jackson, IMO, was the best player in the history of the program for his senior season. Jordan Murphy had a better career. So it depends on how you'd rank it.

How many players can be on the Mount Rushmore? Can they be the same position? If it’s 5 regardless of position

1) Kevin McHale
2) Bobby Jackson
3) Mychal Thompson
4) Lou Hudson
5 Trent Tucker

That’s my take.

What I want to know is Murph ok for Saturday?

Just listened to Murph's interview after the game. And to answer the question: yes, he is the best. Stats: yes. Durability: yes. AS A PERSON: YES.

Hail to the Murph!

No, it’s in great doubt. Willie Burton is sooooo much better than Murph. Jordan is tough and hard working and easy to cheer for but not close to best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. He is a top ten guy, but he isn't the best.

How many players can be on the Mount Rushmore? Can they be the same position? If it’s 5 regardless of position

1) Kevin McHale
2) Bobby Jackson
3) Mychal Thompson
4) Lou Hudson
5 Trent Tucker

That’s my take.

I agree with all except maybe Trent Tucker. I think Ray Williams was the better college player but Tucker got four years to Ray's two. Then there is Randy Breuer vs. Murphy. Then the older guys like Jim Brewer and Archie Clark. Willie Burton and Vashon Lenard. That 5th spot is tough.

Top Bottom