Has Pitino turned the corner?

I honestly curious what did you expect from the season? We won a tourney game for the second time in 30 years and now we want him fired?

So do you think we over achieved or under achieved? Was beating Wisconsin, Purdue, staying close to Michigan, the norm or getting destroyed by Michigan and Michigan state and power house Illinois? We can't be both good and bad, which we were. How does that happen? Have you seen our bench and how we look like a bunch of headless chickens at times because of no depth? Did Pitino just take over a brand new team or has he had 6 years to form his team? Of all the players in the country, are you telling me that we couldn't find any decent players to give scholarships to, and instead we just waste it on bench warmers that never see over 2 minutes of action? What year do we finally say "No more excuses Pitino, your roster needs to have more depth!"

No firing but Mark Coyle is writting letters of recommendation for Pitino tonight.

I really don't see this being a bad team next year. Kind of strange that that seems to be the sentiment in this thread.

I really don't see this being a bad team next year. Kind of strange that that seems to be the sentiment in this thread.

I'm assuming amir will be back and am optimistic

Oturu and Gabe improvement is essential

So do you think we over achieved or under achieved? Was beating Wisconsin, Purdue, staying close to Michigan, the norm or getting destroyed by Michigan and Michigan state and power house Illinois? We can't be both good and bad, which we were. How does that happen? Have you seen our bench and how we look like a bunch of headless chickens at times because of no depth? Did Pitino just take over a brand new team or has he had 6 years to form his team? Of all the players in the country, are you telling me that we couldn't find any decent players to give scholarships to, and instead we just waste it on bench warmers that never see over 2 minutes of action? What year do we finally say "No more excuses Pitino, your roster needs to have more depth!"

I don’t care about any of what you just said. We made the tournament and won a game. And we could potentially have the best set of guards next year since he’s been here.

I don’t care about any of what you just said. We made the tournament and won a game. And we could potentially have the best set of guards next year since he’s been here.
And *that* won't happen next year unless we get depth off the bench.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I understand folks who are concerned. I am too. I can understand wanting to move on. But teams don't fire coaches who reach the NCAA tournament much less the second round. Yes, I know we fired Tubby and Howland fired UCLA. But you probably can't find 3 other examples in the last 20 years. It doesn't happen. And it won't happen now.

And whatever you think of Pitino, if this game influenced your opinion, you're an idiot. This was a difficult game that became impossible when Murphy couldn't go.

We don't know who 40% of the roster will be. But our track record of Spring recruits makes that a scary, not exciting prospect.

We don't know who 40% of the roster will be. But our track record of Spring recruits makes that a scary, not exciting prospect.

Pitino has actually been good with spring recruiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was of the opinion Pitino had to make the tourney to be back next year. My thoughts changed as the season went on. Not based on anything that happened just felt Coyle wasn’t going to make a change regardless of how the season turned out.

Not convinced the team will be better next year. There just isn’t a whole lot of depth. Also not convinced Pitino has turned a corner with the program.

So keep Pitino with a miserable season next year where they miss the tourney and fire him then? Why wait? You saw tonight what this team looked like without Murphy and without depth. Who’s coming in to help this team next year in big ways?

So keep Pitino with a miserable season next year where they miss the tourney and fire him then? Why wait? You saw tonight what this team looked like without Murphy and without depth. Who’s coming in to help this team next year in big ways?

Carr, Williams, Willis, Curry, a transfer....

Pitino is not getting fired. Get on board or go away.

These are all legitimate questions. Just have the feeling even if they hadn’t made the tourney Coyle would have gave Pitino a pass on last season with all that went wrong and gave him another year beyond this one.

Pitino still might be coaching for his job next year.

This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever read.

My concern for next year is that yeah we would love to assume Gabe/Oturu make a jump, show me one player that has under Pitino. Probably Mason but that is it. Murphy was a good player and all but after his freshman year we said
man if he gets that jumper and a better handle next year watch out!" He just played his last game, still 0 jumpshot or handle. Who knows, maybe carr is awesome and willis is good and Curry gets healthy and Tre is good but that is a LOT of IF's.

Now into gopher bball purgatory for 8 months until hope springs eternal next fall!

Pitino has actually been good with spring recruiting

Year 1 was good. Matthieu and King were good. Since then, only Spring really did much. McNeil, Stockman, Stull not so much.

Last edited:

Year 1 was good. Matthieu. King and Springs were good. McNeil, Stockman, Stull not so much.

Murphy was a spring recruit. So was springs.

LOL -some of you guys are the most pathetic fans in the country. You really set the standard for whiny, nagging, negative, embarrassing - anti-fans. Posting this crap while we are playing in the second round of march madness. You would think that, as a fan, you could have fun for 2 hours instead of dragging the rest of us into your misery.

LOL -some of you guys are the most pathetic fans in the country. You really set the standard for whiny, nagging, negative, embarrassing - anti-fans. Posting this crap while we are playing in the second round of march madness. You would think that, as a fan, you could have fun for 2 hours instead of dragging the rest of us into your misery.

We played today?

So fire a coach based on a hypothetical of next season?

Amen

Cosign

Murphy was a spring recruit. So was springs.

Forgot that about Murphy being in the Spring. Well hopefully we get another one of him.

My concern for next year is that yeah we would love to assume Gabe/Oturu make a jump, show me one player that has under Pitino. Probably Mason but that is it. Murphy was a good player and all but after his freshman year we said
man if he gets that jumper and a better handle next year watch out!" He just played his last game, still 0 jumpshot or handle. Who knows, maybe carr is awesome and willis is good and Curry gets healthy and Tre is good but that is a LOT of IF's.

Now into gopher bball purgatory for 8 months until hope springs eternal next fall!

I'm not sure what kind of jump Gabe can make. He is never going to take you off the dribble, is somewhat limited athletically, etc.

Gabe and Oturu will make a small jump, but so will every other freshman in the conference. It all washes out.

So fire a coach based on a hypothetical of next season?

I'd can him based on another below .500 finish in the big 10!

I'd then write the NCAA a letter thanking them for the new setup letting teams like us in.

Top Bottom