Tied for the best season in 29 years!

But who was 1997?

Came in expecting math error, leaving disappointed

Don’t we usually celebrate by sacking the coach?

Nah - 97 included a Final Four appearance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1997 never happened

Yes, because NCAA wins is the only possible way to measure that. :rolleyes:

Yes, because NCAA wins is the only possible way to measure that. :rolleyes:

If that was the measuring stick six years ago, it should be the measuring stick today. I nudged him on this last week. He responded today. I stand with him!

Being one of the remaining 32 teams, doesn’t that put this years program in the top 10%? If the FB program was in the top 10% we’d have a parade

I think there are about 340 div 1 basketball teams and about 120 div 1 fb teams

Considering the U is a volleyball and men’s gymnastics school, the bb program is killing it this year

Yes, it is. Even the radio and TV analysts were discussing our "Final Four run in 1997".

Only a dip**** follows the NCAA and their selective rules.

Go back and read the handful of posts from this exchange and you will understand the OP. Start with comment #84. This goes back to when Tubby was dismissed.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...62-To-my-fellow-Pitino-quot-haters-quot/page6

You are taking his comment too literally. The argument about the 1997 team is an argument for a different day.

Go back and read the handful of posts from this exchange and you will understand the OP. Start with comment #84. This goes back to when Tubby was dismissed.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...62-To-my-fellow-Pitino-quot-haters-quot/page6

You are taking his comment too literally. The argument about the 1997 team is an argument for a different day.

I concur. dp can't stand Pitino and has made it known but this thread was started for humor because of posts from days ago. I give him credit for good humor here.

I concur. dp can't stand Pitino and has made it known but this thread was started for humor because of posts from days ago. I give him credit for good humor here.
Isn't that like saying Spock was a comedian? [emoji41]

Is it possible that he is just genuinely a results driven guy? That's the case for me.

As for tourney wins as the key measuring stick, if the goal of the game is to win a national championship, we are now as close as we have ever been in the Tubby or Pitino eras.

Being one of the remaining 32 teams, doesn’t that put this years program in the top 10%? If the FB program was in the top 10% we’d have a parade

I think there are about 340 div 1 basketball teams and about 120 div 1 fb teams

Considering the U is a volleyball and men’s gymnastics school, the bb program is killing it this year

I'd put getting to the second round roughly on par with winning the Alamo bowl. Sweet 16 = Citrus Bowl. Final Four = Rose Bowl.

I'd put getting to the second round roughly on par with winning the Alamo bowl. Sweet 16 = Citrus Bowl. Final Four = Rose Bowl.

I like this way of putting it. I generally consider making the tournament to be roughly on par with making a bowl game.

Top Bottom