***MINNESOTA VS LOUISVILLE NCAA TOURNAMENT IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

For all of the complaining it seems like we lost the game and got outplayed. Enjoy the win people...it doesn't happen that often! Go Gophs!

Playing in the very first game of the day sucks when you lose. Awesome when you win.

That was a game boys! Bring on Sparty. We should have beat them last week, but it will have to be Saturday!

Huge Win! Clear the Saturday schedule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole game - I hope this convinces the recruits we are after

It was a fun game to watch, glad they kept attacking the basket. End of games are always gonna be unnerving but glad they made mostly good decisions and plays.

This was probably the best game of the year... Louisville was no slouch, we took their best shot. Seriously there was a point in time where they made every freethrow and every 3 pointer they took but the gophers almost answered every time. Then time ran out and the Giphers FT shooting was great today. Can we do that again the next game? We'll see.

That was a game boys! Bring on Sparty. We should have beat them last week, but it will have to be Saturday!

Louisville beat Sparty by 4, therefore the Gophers will be Sparty by 14 (let's all pretend the game in East Lansing never happened).

Wanted to wait until the game was over to comment, but that was the best game I've seen the guys play in quite awhile. Everybody who saw the floor contributed in some way. And the guard play today both in the half court and against Louisville's press was outstanding. The guys played with confidence and swagger.

All around, it was a joy to watch! On to the second round.

For all of the complaining it seems like we lost the game and got outplayed. Enjoy the win people...it doesn't happen that often! Go Gophs!

What? Whoever is saying that didn't watch the game. We outplayed Louisville in almost all aspects. Controlled the game from start to finish. That was as good a game as this team has played all year.

That was fun. One of the best perks of having a boss that is a Gopher fan is that he sent me a meeting appointment yesterday to block off my calendar from 11 to 1:30 and we went to a local restaurant for lunch and to watch the game. Sure, I couldn't have a beer with lunch, but it was still a great break in the day.

So proud of this team. I'm really glad I lied to my boss and left work early so I could catch the second half.

I thought Hurt provided solid minutes. Wasn't tentative inbounding the ball and mostly made good decisions (outside of the and 1 foul towards the end). I feel like he had a lot of potential to be a solid B1G player, but just too tentative offensively and a step slow given his skillset. But really happy that even though the stat sheet won't show it, he contributed significantly.

I thought Hurt provided solid minutes. Wasn't tentative inbounding the ball and mostly made good decisions (outside of the and 1 foul towards the end). I feel like he had a lot of potential to be a solid B1G player, but just too tentative offensively and a step slow given his skillset. But really happy that even though the stat sheet won't show it, he contributed significantly.

He dribbled the ball up the court against pressure!

Did he not know I had no oxygen tank to watch that?

To me, the most remarkable thing about this game isn't that our injury-depleted top-50 team beat their fully healthy top-30 team, although that in itself is remarkable. It's that Chris Mack HAS ALWAYS won his first-round game. Not today, Baldy McBaldbald.

Great atmosphere and always a blast when your team has good shot selection, takes care of the ball. Now make my bracket and beat MSU ! Congrats to the staff and the players.

Gophers played a great all-around game, shows what this team is capable of when they play to their ability. Just unfortunate that they can't seem to find that consistency to play this way all the time.

Nothing to lose at this point which makes them a very dangerous opponent. An upset over MSU on Saturday would seem highly unlikely but it is March so anything can happen.

4 TO’s for the game. Inbounding the ball was a positive factor for us. McBrayer was excellent against pressure all game. Find something else to bitch about

Top Bottom