***MINNESOTA VS LOUISVILLE NCAA TOURNAMENT IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

It shows up as a 6PM game on ESPN - is that just tentative?

ESPN is not televising any NCAA tournament games, so that is not correct. They don't announce Saturday tip times until later today or tomorrow.

ESPN is not televising any NCAA tournament games, so that is not correct. They don't announce Saturday tip times until later today or tomorrow.

Actually I meant on ESPN's website, not the channel. I'd rather it is earlier- easier to drive back home.

To me, the most remarkable thing about this game isn't that our injury-depleted top-50 team beat their fully healthy top-30 team, although that in itself is remarkable. It's that Chris Mack HAS ALWAYS won his first-round game. Not today, Baldy McBaldbald.

Bald guys are cool....just saying

Here's to hoping they don't play super early. I work Saturday mornings. :cry:

MSU still has to win their game. Not expecting Bradley to win, but sometimes Peoria surprises

Agree. You never know in March but i am one of the few who think MSU has got every ounce out of this team and think the Gophers match very well. Over the course of a year there is a performance gap between the teams at the top but right now, one game, the margin for error is thin. I saw a very average George Mason make the final 4, a worse VCU team and Loyola last year. Duke is a huge favorite and after that it is wide open.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't want to wait six more years for the Gophers' next NCAA tournament win.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don't want to wait six more years for the Gophers' next NCAA tournament win.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Could happen in 2 days. I am sure you will come up big here if it doesn't.

Feels good to win

( I see few refusing enjoy it, their loss)

I mean, whatever to everyone else. Watching the game this morning was fun as all hell lol.

Home from Des Moines. Really fun event. Well organized and enjoyable.

Awesome game. Had a great time. Tons of gopher fans. Just blown away I saw them win a tourney game in person. Trying to figure out Saturday. Lots of driving but wow. Seeing them beat Sparty would be worth it.

Home from Des Moines. Really fun event. Well organized and enjoyable.

Awesome game. Had a great time. Tons of gopher fans. Just blown away I saw them win a tourney game in person. Trying to figure out Saturday. Lots of driving but wow. Seeing them beat Sparty would be worth it.

What was the attendance?

Listened to KFAN a bit this afternoon. Barreiro a couple times commented about the overseeded Louisville team. Said the gophers had the "lucky shoe" this year for getting to play such a team. Very annoying and I dont recall hearing anything about Louisville being overseeded going into the game.

Listened to KFAN a bit this afternoon. Barreiro a couple times commented about the overseeded Louisville team. Said the gophers had the "lucky shoe" this year for getting to play such a team. Very annoying and I dont recall hearing anything about Louisville being overseeded going into the game.

They certainly weren't. Where does that come from?

What was the attendance?

Hard to say. I think Wells Fargo Arena holds 15k. I’d guess there was 5000-6000 gopher fans. Not may Louisville. A good sized group from Bradley and MSU. Then a ton of random fans

I can't stand KFAN. There's not one guy on there who knows anything about college basketball. At least Mackey tries, though it's still cringe worthy how many basic facts they get wrong every time they talk Gophers.

Great win by the Gophers! I just think the Gophers were the better team, today, especially when they shoot the way they did. The next round offers a tough matchup, but with Stockman out, their success will depend largely on Murphy's health and availability.

Just got back from the game. Great atmosphere! Talked to Kansas, Iowa St, Iowa, Bradley, MSU, and Louisville among the many fanbases there. Had a blast with two Kansas fans that said they loved our rouser. They even asked me to teach it to them! Great day, definitely glad I went!

True to my 'name', son-of-moonlight and I left as the moon was setting, and arrived home at moon rise.
20 years with season tickets, and my kids growing up going to games with us, this was just a magical day. Hanging out and catching up with my adult son, we made Gopher fans of all the Iowans around us (not sure if I can ever wear my 'who hates Iowa shirt again').

The arena is a great venue for basketball (much better than our football stadiums) with great sight lines, and the whole town seems to revel in the event. I don't know if we'll be able to swing a return on Saturday but anyone attending should be confident of having a good view of the game.
After a long winter, the fact that the first full day of spring offered perfect freeway driving to an NCAA tournament game where our team looked as good as it ever has - well, color me amazed and even verklempt.

And, I think my favorite game moment came when Dupree broke the press and sailed down court scot free to a picture perfect layup.

Top Bottom