***MINNESOTA VS LOUISVILLE NCAA TOURNAMENT IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
HERE WE GO GOPHERS FANS!!!!!!!! NCAA Tournament game!!!!! The excitement is huge, the stakes are very high. This is a huge opportunity for Pitino and Minnesota. We need to win Tournament games. Just getting there should not be sufficient!

A loss now ends the incredible career of Murph.

We must stay out of foul trouble given our lack of depth.

GET ‘ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll be hitting the road at 6am tomorrow. It's so great that we can get to an NCAA game this way. We'll be there bringing out best game day spirit. Go Gophers!!

All other message board arguments aside, today we play in the NCAA tourney! Let's start a run!

Obviously I would like them to go on and continue to win more games, but i would be pretty satisfied with this season if the Gophers can at least pull out a victory against Louisville. His father's life decisions aside, i don't think Richard deserves to have to suffer a loss at this dubiously scheduled match-up and the senior Murphy (on his own merits) deserves a victory today and a chance to keep on playing.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

We'll be hitting the road at 6am tomorrow. It's so great that we can get to an NCAA game this way. We'll be there bringing out best game day spirit. Go Gophers!!
I'll be watching the telecast to see you, Luna! [emoji281]

I have to work, so I'll be wearing a U if MN tee underneath my shirt.

Go Gophers!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I woke up feeling oddly confident about our chances. Let's start the tournament with an upset!

SKI U MAH!

Joe Lunardi has Louisville as a lock. Clearly a dink.

Obviously I would like them to go on and continue to win more games, but i would be pretty satisfied with this season if the Gophers can at least pull out a victory against Louisville. His father's life decisions aside, i don't think Richard deserves to have to suffer a loss at this dubiously scheduled match-up and the senior Murphy (on his own merits) deserves a victory today and a chance to keep on playing.

The matchup doesn't really bug me, the moment I heard Lousiville as a possible 7 and us as a possible 10 I figured this was going to happen. It was low hanging fruit from a matchup standpoint.

Hopefully the team shows up and plays well. Biggest issue with this Gopher team is you really never know on a game by game basis which version of the team is going to be there. Don't really have any hopes of a long tournament run because usually those require strong guard play and great free throw shooting, and those are not exactly what I would call strong points for this particular Gopher squad.

Awesome that they made the tournament and would love to see them pull off the victory today. If Coffey and Murphy are both on their games this team can hang with pretty much anyone, the margin for error is just really slim.

Louisville is quick and athletic, sounds a lot like Maryland. We all know how that worked out.

Block the negative thoughts, anything can happen.

Louisville is quick and athletic, sounds a lot like Maryland. We all know how that worked out.

Block the negative thoughts, anything can happen.

Yep that is the beauty of the tournament, especially in the early rounds. Would rather be an underdog in the NCAA tournament as opposed to a favorite in the NIT or some other post season tournament.

Who guards their big score (Nwaro?)? I'm hoping Gabe is able to and Amir can expend more energy on offense.

Long tv timeouts should help our Ironman team.

What color does Louisville wear at home? I want to say white, but am probably wrong. That would put us in Maroon!!!

Not necessarily. We have worn gold when others wear white

Lots of gopher fans here. Definitely the most represented fan base so far

After the Gophers win, I predict a lot of people here looking for tickets (like me) for Saturday's game.

Matz isn't even suited up.

Kenny Smith wearing a sharp maroon jacket today...I take that as a positive sign!

Top Bottom