Fred Hoiberg to be new Nebraska BB Coach

That is just absolute total BS. If you're going to fire Miles, then fire him now, instead of playing this chicken-bleep game where you pretend he's still the coach while simultaneously openly courting a replacement.

I know it happens. But if the AD had any decency, he would have let Miles go and had the assistants handle the NIT before starting the courtship with Hoiberg.

That is just absolute total BS. If you're going to fire Miles, then fire him now, instead of playing this chicken-bleep game where you pretend he's still the coach while simultaneously openly courting a replacement.

I know it happens. But if the AD had any decency, he would have let Miles go and had the assistants handle the NIT before starting the courtship with Hoiberg.

Bullfeathers. Miles coached the team to this point. Let him take them through the NIT. I’m sure both he and the team would want that. As he himself said, “I’ll be leaving a lot richer.”

That’s an overall net upgrade for Nebraska, and another proven coach added to the conference. Not a positive outcome for Minnesota basketball, IMO.

Good get. I think he will knock Nebraska up a few spots on the B1G pecking order.

Good hire in the long term, but Nebraska will be garbage the next two years. I expect a mass exodus of transfers for how the AD treated a very well liked Tim Miles.

Bullfeathers. Miles coached the team to this point. Let him take them through the NIT. I’m sure both he and the team would want that. As he himself said, “I’ll be leaving a lot richer.”

There’s a proper way to go about business. This is not the right way. If you get the coach, you announce it and don’t play it behind Miles back. Moos didn’t play this classy. Also ignore you listen to the podcast where Miles said that it was a joke. I hate that we punish guys for actually sharing some real info about a tough situation. When people want to find something to complain about they’ll find any little thing.

Also I like Fred but I don’t think it’s a sure of a home run as some think. He had a lot of luck with some bad character guys. He also doesn’t like recruiting and I worry about his style working in the big ten.

Last edited:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Frankly just embarrassing from Nebraska admin. Which they won’t give a **** about as a fan base because it’s to get Hoiberg. This one could end up blowing up in Nebraska’s face because to be frank, I don’t expect him to be in college BB in 2-3 years time

Is the Nebraska AD related to the Snake? [emoji216] Sounds like something Coyle did...

There go all those grad transfers...

Looks like the ncaa will allow immediate eligibility for any player where the coach has left. There should be a lot more immediately eligible than grad transfers

Lincoln is a better place for him and his program to keep things hush hush off the court than MSP

If its true - good for them! He will be a good coach there. This is good for the entire Big Ten.

Looks like the ncaa will allow immediate eligibility for any player where the coach has left. There should be a lot more immediately eligible than grad transfers

I highly doubt that. See Carr, Marcus for evidence to the contrary.

agreed.....Total Bull Shot

Yeah I don't have much sympathy for a guy that gets paid millions! of dollars to coach college kids to play basketball.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Frankly just embarrassing from Nebraska admin. Which they won’t give a **** about as a fan base because it’s to get Hoiberg. This one could end up blowing up in Nebraska’s face because to be frank, I don’t expect him to be in college BB in 2-3 years time

Exactly where is he going to go?

Who cares.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good hire in the long term, but Nebraska will be garbage the next two years. I expect a mass exodus of transfers for how the AD treated a very well liked Tim Miles.

I don't really. You know, Miles had a pretty high transfer rate at Nebraska so that kind of belies the idea that players loved playing there. Nebraska has four seniors and Roby may test the NBA waters this summer and leave if the feedback is good. Otherwise, I don't know why players wouldn't want to play for an established coach with Hoiberg's reputation.

Hoiberg took over an Iowa State team with nothing and had them in the NCAA tournament by his second year so it's not impossible he could do something similar at Nebraska.

he's willing to take the Neb job but not Minnesota?

He was never offered the MN job. If we'd made a move this off-season, I think he'd choose us over Nebraska, but it's irrelevant now.

Lincoln is a better place for him and his program to keep things hush hush off the court than MSP

This is true. KSTP won't be digging through players garbage or checking the rental car fuel tank for that matter.

Top Bottom