Stay Classy Badger Fan

Wow, that's awful.

From the link:

he Herro family woke up around 9:30 a.m. one morning and saw red—everywhere. Red spray paint on the side yard. Red spray paint on the green grass. Red spray paint on the tree branches, which, for good measure, were also laced with toilet paper.

**** B.B.N.! GO WISCONSIN! the spray paint read, on that summer day last year.

Then there were handwritten letters, routinely delivered to Tyler Herro's high school, Whitnall of Wisconsin. His coach, Travis Riesop, carefully combed through them. Most were too vile to let Tyler, then a senior, read. One was from a man who said he hoped Herro injured his leg the way Gordon Hayward did—a particularly gruesome fracture.

All because Herro decommitted from Wisconsin to go to Kentucky (whose fans make up the aforementioned Big Blue Nation).

Then the death threats began. First on Twitter and then in real life. One afternoon, Herro was pumping gas into his tan Chevy Malibu at the BP gas station near his home when someone approached him. The man stepped close. Nose-to-nose close. "Walk across that street," the man said, turning to the road. "I hope you get hit by a truck!"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ro-all-you-want-but-its-hard-to-hate-his-game

Go Gophers!!

We're just cynical about local talent. They're angry and entitled. Yikes.

Unreal

Gopher fans can be ******s, but if they ever took it that level I'd be embarrassed

We're just cynical about local talent. They're angry and entitled. Yikes.

Lets pretend that every fan base does not have some azzwholes! Lets pretend that you recruited Tyus Jones and he verbally committed to the Gophs. Then at the last minute de-commited and signed with Duke leaving you with a huge whole on your team. It is not beyond the imagination that some stupid fan wearing maroon takes it too far! Death threats and crap like that are what people of low character participate in. Yes we have them like every fanbase. Yes we are also entitled.

Lets pretend that every fan base does not have some azzwholes! Lets pretend that you recruited Tyus Jones and he verbally committed to the Gophs. Then at the last minute de-commited and signed with Duke leaving you with a huge whole on your team. It is not beyond the imagination that some stupid fan wearing maroon takes it too far! Death threats and crap like that are what people of low character participate in. Yes we have them like every fanbase. Yes we are also entitled.

Sounds like you're making excuse for badger fans.

It's not like this is first time badger fans have made news for being ******s

(see Diamond Stone)

https://www.nbcsports.com/washingto...ants-question-stones-test-scores-intelligence

yikes. His dad sounds like an... interesting fellow

Unreal

Gopher fans can be ******s, but if they ever took it that level I'd be embarrassed

We are two steps ahead, can't have a local star decommit and be angry about it if they never commit in the first place.

Herro de-commited in October so I wouldn't say it was last minute.

If that had happened, my response would be that it is despicable and those fans make the rest of us look bad. It wouldn't be to downplay it because it could happen anywhere.

Bigeddysprings I call bs on that. We have seen quite a few (unfortunately) top players go on to play at blue blood programs. Actually way more talent than WI has ever lost and I have never heard of this type of behavior. Thus Jones & Tre Jones to Duke - Reid Travis to Stanford then Kentucky - Gary Trent to Duke - Rashad Vaughn to UNLV - heck even Nick Horvath to Duke or Cole Aldrich to Kansas......we never saw anything like this. WI should be embarrassed

I don't remember Khalid El-Amin getting all sorts of death threat in a similar scenario... Get real, no excuses no matter who the fan base is

Sport fans are a different breed. Sure I get upset when we lose recruits especially to Iowa or Wisconsin, but I would never think of doing what some of these fans are doing. The only ones that really stand out are the Jones brothers. They know they are only going to college for one year why not us? I see Tyus on the court for the Timberwolves and they are helping him along to get better so that he can compete. After sitting on the bench for much of his career, I see that his loyalty is perhaps elsewhere this summer. Going to burn Minnesota twice.

The Badgers had cooled on him, obviously. He settled for Kentucky.

Top Bottom