new staffer

recent add to staff, quality control special teams, played for Michigan, worked at Maryland for Durkin, grew up in Michigan...could help recruiting MI...Mike priefer junior moved on to ga job with Pitt

https://gophersports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1984&path=football

Welcome to the Gophers. Not only will he help on recruiting, but more importantly help in preparation for Maryland. Always good to know idiosyncrasies of the individual players - especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Makes you wonder what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a pattern at a lot of schools of athletes getting into these businesses after the fact that looks a lot like back pay for their athletic work. Suddenly they're small businessmen with a lot of clients or similar situations.

Not that you can prevent it, but it is curious.

We had our wrestling coach who had a bunch of real estate deals with players and such...

Granted I'm going to assume Desmond is on the up and up and unrelated to whatever other schools might do.

There's a pattern at a lot of schools of athletes getting into these businesses after the fact that looks a lot like back pay for their athletic work. Suddenly they're small businessmen with a lot of clients or similar situations.

Not that you can prevent it, but it is curious.

We had our wrestling coach who had a bunch of real estate deals with players and such...

Granted I'm going to assume Desmond is on the up and up and unrelated to whatever other schools might do.

Isn't that like Bus 101...using your network?

Appears to be a good hire and I welcome him. The only problem I have is that he played for Michigan not all that long ago. So is his heart in Michigan while his job is in Minnesota? I've never quite understood some of these situations throughout the United States as you would think their loyalty would be elsewhere.

Appears to be a good hire and I welcome him. The only problem I have is that he played for Michigan not all that long ago. So is his heart in Michigan while his job is in Minnesota? I've never quite understood some of these situations throughout the United States as you would think their loyalty would be elsewhere.
These guys want to win and advance their careers. No reason to doubt they won't do their best for a different school. I would think very few coaches get to coach long-term at the school they played for.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

We are trying to analyze a QC hire? We’d be better off spending the money on replacing the heating coils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom