Rockford Register Star: Brock Stull looks to make NCAA impact

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Rockford Register Star:

This wasn’t the season Brock Stull envisioned after he was briefly one of the most sought-after basketball recruits in NIC-10 history last summer.

Until now.

Stull, a former NIC-10 MVP for Boylan, will play in the NCAA Tournament for the first time. Stull started two years for Wisconsin-Milwaukee before transferring to Minnesota. The fifth-year senior has been the second player off the bench for the No. 10-seeded Gophers (21-13), who play No. 7 Louisville (20-13) at 11:15 a.m. Thursday in Des Moines, Iowa.

“This is something that makes the move to transfer from Milwaukee worth it,” Stull said. “This was the main goal. It feels pretty good to have that under my belt at least, making the tournament in my last year.

“This can make the whole year. It’s not the season I thought I’d have, but we always count three seasons, the regular season, the conference tournament and now the Big Dance right now. It’s a new season and I want to improve on it from here.”

Stull averages 1.4 points per game for the Gophers after being one of UW-Milwaukee’s leading scorers the previous two years at 13.5 and 13.4 points per game, but this is the first time he got to be part of a Selection Sunday party with Minneapolis TV cameras catching the Gophers’ reaction to being invited to the Big Dance.

“Being on the big stage for the first time was pretty exciting,” Stull said. “You are used to seeing people get their names called and they change the camera to see the team react. I always dreamt about that moment. Then it did finally happen. It was a dream come true.”

https://www.rrstar.com/sports/20190319/brock-stull-looks-to-make-ncaa-impact

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom