2019 NCAA Tournament Other Games Thread

I'm not sure I've seen a freshman protected as much by the refs as Zion Williamson. He's a great player, but they seem to be making a concerted effort to avoid calling fouls on him. I was surprised at the charge call they actually did make.

I'm not sure I've seen a freshman protected as much by the refs as Zion Williamson. He's a great player, but they seem to be making a concerted effort to avoid calling fouls on him. I was surprised at the charge call they actually did make.

Smoking a guy in the face and the other guy gets the foul call was a good representation of how it’s gone all game long.

Smoking a guy in the face and the other guy gets the foul call was a good representation of how it’s gone all game long.

Yes. Unfortunately, it's now up to Michigan State to keep them from coming to Minneapolis.

Two pretty interesting games to cap off the night

Agreed. He gets away with so many hooks (and Barrett gets away with a ton of push offs) that it just makes it unbearable to watch him. I wonder how his lack of any skill aside from dunking on the offensive end will limit his transition to the next level

Not a fan of Duke but Tre Jones was tremendous. His basketball IQ is off the charts.

Michigan has lost 1, won 2, lost 1, won 2 etc for all their games going back to when they played Iowa in January. So that was an easy pick for me

Not a fan of Duke but Tre Jones was tremendous. His basketball IQ is off the charts.

He's been a garbage outside shooter all year. Va Tech decided to make him beat them tonight.
And he sure did.

VA Tech being in foul trouble really hurt them. You could tell in the 2nd half that they weren't very aggressive defensively.

Yes. Unfortunately, it's now up to Michigan State to keep them from coming to Minneapolis.

I think Mich St has a good chance of beating them. Duke has not been playing great and have just gotten lucky to win twice in a row. Mich St has been on a roll.

I think Mich St has a good chance of beating them. Duke has not been playing great and have just gotten lucky to win twice in a row. Mich St has been on a roll.

If you’re betting against Duke not to win it all, you’re on the wrong side of the fix.

If you’re betting against Duke not to win it all, you’re on the wrong side of the fix.

I'm not betting.

What is the line though... If I were to bet this game I'd probably take Mich st.

I'm not betting.

What is the line though... If I were to bet this game I'd probably take Mich st.

I figured as much. A few times this season Duke was below 2-1 and it’s rare for a team to get that low. Kentucky did after they were undefeated, but Duke is a team that had serious flaws throughout the season.

Last edited:

I don't know what the head-to-head record is over the last few years, but it seems like Duke always beats Michigan State. That being said, maybe this is when the Duke strategy of using one-and-dones will come back to bite them. MSU has the upperclassmen/experience advantage.

I don't know what the head-to-head record is over the last few years, but it seems like Duke always beats Michigan State. That being said, maybe this is when the Duke strategy of using one-and-dones will come back to bite them. MSU has the upperclassmen/experience advantage.

Think Izzo is 1-11 against K

So Josh Perkins choosing Gonzaga over Minnesota probably ended up being the best decision of his life. 3 elite 8s, a title game, and a 4 year starter.

Last edited:

Of course, if Perkins has come here, and we landed other players of his caliber, perhaps our track record would have been better, as well.

I really don't want to see any of the stories about the local guy that gets to come back home for the final four next weekend so I'm hoping Texas Tech, Auburn, and Michigan State can help me out with that. Once they leave the state I don't really wanna see them have success personally or as a team unless they are playing wisconsin then they can have a good game.

Last edited:

BB shorts are creeping back up. Check out TexTech!

I really don't want to see any of the stories about the local guy that gets to come back home for the final four next weekend so I'm hoping Texas Tech, Auburn, and Michigan State can help me out with that. Once they leave the state I don't really wanna see them have success personally or as a team unless they are playing wisconsin then they can have a good game.

I'm on board with that.

Top Bottom