2019 NCAA Tournament Other Games Thread

Baxter-Bell is fun to watch for Liberty...he's pretty animated.

Should have been an offensive foul on Zion.

Or a no call-play on with UCF up 1.
Should have also been a foul on the rebound as the Duke player had 2 hands in back to clear him out.
The final shot and rebound follow by UCF were oh so close. Can't stand Duke so hopefully someone uses the same defensive strategy next week to knock them out.

Heartbreaker for UCF. Can't believe they lost. Shot the lights out the entire game and it came down to one rebound and a put back.

Or a no call-play on with UCF up 1.
Should have also been a foul on the rebound as the Duke player had 2 hands in back to clear him out.
The final shot and rebound follow by UCF were oh so close. Can't stand Duke so hopefully someone uses the same defensive strategy next week to knock them out.

Unfortunately, no one has a 7’6” center to clog the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Tech is going to give Michigan all they can handle.

You knew any close call would go in Duke’s favor or would be a non call. Should’ve been a charge on Zion and Barrett shoves the guy in the back on the rebound.

Regardless, UCF missing the lob dunk to go up 6 cost them. Just make the easy play there instead of the highlight reel play and they probably win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. He had a hell of a clamp on him. I dislike Duke as much as I dislike Wisconsin.

Was also a very poor attempt at a box out. The inability to rebound there and the missed alley-oop when up 4 with under two minutes left were huge. Those two plays are inexplicable.
I do wish the refs could be taken to task for the missed Zion offensive foul (shoulder into the defender in position) then went into the other defender who was prone and hands up to get the call. Of course Duke gets a call like that. Gotta imagine it’s a charge if Duke was on D there.

Should have been an offensive foul on Zion.

Tacko had one foot and about 3/4 of his body inside the circle, so it was the right call.

Barrett did get away with a little shove on that rebound though. I hate Duke as much as anyone, but I am glad I get to watch Zion again. He's unbelievable.

Tacko had one foot and about 3/4 of his body inside the circle, so it was the right call.

I feel the missed offensive foul was against a guard at the top of the key prior to going to the rim. Yes, Tacko was inside the circle.

Barrett did get away with a little shove on that rebound though. I hate Duke as much as anyone, but I am glad I get to watch Zion again. He's unbelievable.

Yes, how did the guy blocking out Barrett on the free throw end up under the basket? Guess it doesn't matter at this point, but seems like it had to be more than a little shove. A foul called there and Duke loses.

Too bad for UCF. Every team has to dodge one bullet to win a title and I feel Duke just dodged theirs.

Houston is doing a nice job on Wesson. Hoping OSU can get it going here.

I picked UC-Irvine as the surprise Sweet 16 in my bracket. Oh so close.

Still, 12/16 for Sweet 16 picks and all my Elite 8 are still in. Not too shabby.

Would have loved to see them win. Now with 16 left you have the top 14 kenpom, number 18 and 33. Quite the field.

[URL="[/URL]

It's rare that I agree with Reusse on something, but this is one of those times. Also, there seemed to be a pretty clear hook-and-hold committed by #12 of Duke on the other side of the lane...that would have been reviewable, but of course the refs chose not to review it.

It's rare that I agree with Reusse on something, but this is one of those times. Also, there seemed to be a pretty clear hook-and-hold committed by #12 of Duke on the other side of the lane...that would have been reviewable, but of course the refs chose not to review it.

Both were blatant fouls/violations. I'd go as far to say the hook & hold was the more egregious of the two. I don't blame the Duke guys, they're smart enough to know the refs won't have the guts to make that kind of a call at that point of the game (especially if it would go against Duke).

Purdue absolutely taking it to Tennessee. I think we were their kryptonite this year.

LOL I look away when purdue is up 16 and now tennesse is up

Purdue is so weird. I really dislike Edwards game. High usage and a lot of low efficiency games

Man, the 3's are just raining down in this game.

Top Bottom