2019 NCAA Tournament Other Games Thread

Hey Matty Hurt.....Gophs ,Duke Kansas, BBM all have one thing in common this season...no final 4....Stay Home as you grew up a Goph fan...be a independent and and not follow The jones

Hey Matty Hurt.....Gophs ,Duke Kansas, BBM all have one thing in common this season...no final 4....Stay Home as you grew up a Goph fan...be a independent and and not follow The jones

Besides, leading the Gophers to a Sweet 16 will be far more memorable than leading Duke to an Elite Eight.

Jones is inconsolable. I almost feel bad.

Was the same at state championship last year. Really looks entitled to me. Bad look. Man up and acknowledge the other team beat you.

I can’t wait to hear K talk about how young and inexperienced his team is!

When it comes with an “I deserved this” mentality, yes a bad look. If it wasn’t the second time I saw it and the post game pout he gave last year I would cut some slack. I detect a pattern.

Coach K cost Duke the game. He should have recognized that Jones was completely ineffective on offense. He should have either benched Jones or taken him off the ball. Williamson should have been the point forward the entire 2nd half. He didn't touch the ball nearly enough.

Jones is inconsolable. I almost feel bad.

Almost, but not quite. It feels very petty to say this, but I am also super glad the group of traitors will not get to enjoy the Final Four in Minneapolis. One by one they rejected the home school yet none of them made it. The Big 10 (thank you Michigan State) kept the great Robber of MN Talent and Most Hated Team (Duke) out of the big show! Thank you Mr Izzo, Winston and crew for brightening my day! Now, Mr. Hurt, put some icing on the cake and choose to stay home. When you put on the maroon and gold hat, announce to the world that MN kids are going to carry the Gophers to the Final Four!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonderful set of games! Loved seeing MSU pull it out, its great to cheer for a team rather than a collection of athletes.

Almost, but not quite. It feels very petty to say this, but I am also super glad the group of traitors will not get to enjoy the Final Four in Minneapolis. One by one they rejected the home school yet none of them made it. The Big 10 (thank you Michigan State) kept the great Robber of MN Talent and Most Hated Team (Duke) out of the big show! Thank you Mr Izzo, Winston and crew for brightening my day! Now, Mr. Hurt, put some icing on the cake and choose to stay home. When you put on the maroon and gold hat, announce to the world that MN kids are going to carry the Gophers to the Final Four!

I am also satisfied with the outcomes of the games, mostly because the local media would have used the presence of any of those players in the Final Four to harm the Gopher program. They would have tried to show how successful the MN kids can be when they leave the state, but, fortunately, it was not meant to be.

Also, I'm assuming that things haven't gone as planned so far for Mr. Jones, as he was really a 3rd tier player on this Duke team. 1st tier was Williamson, 2nd tier were Reddish and Barrett, and 3rd tier were the rest. One of the cuts to commercials was pretty symbolic as they showed the first 3 on the screen, but no one else.

It feels very petty to say this, but I am also super glad the group of traitors will not get to enjoy the Final Four in Minneapolis. One by one they rejected the home school yet none of them made it.
Yeah, it feels good in a vengeful way.

Good thing Tre Jones went to Duke to win a National Championship.... no, get to the National Championship game.... no, get to the Final Four.... no, get eliminated by Michigan State.

Coach K cost Duke the game. He should have recognized that Jones was completely ineffective on offense. He should have either benched Jones or taken him off the ball. Williamson should have been the point forward the entire 2nd half. He didn't touch the ball nearly enough.

Coach had no bench, which was another failure.

Good thing Tre Jones went to Duke to win a National Championship.... no, get to the National Championship game.... no, get to the Final Four.... no, get eliminated by Michigan State.

He would have been a great player for us and a hero. Would have meant at least a few more wins and likely another tournament win. Although not in the top three at Duke, he is a very good player and apparently a good kid. However, he turned his back on his buddies (Oturu, Kalscheur and Omersa) and snubbed his home state. I was very glad to see him lose today. Mostly, though, because I hate Duke. It was like watching the lunch-pail back-yard kids defeat the entitled elitist snobs. Thank you Michigan State!!!!!

Jones was balling after CDH beat them for state last year and ty baby jones whines because the refs did not throw Dan Uturo out of the game when he got a T Foul near the end

I don't care if this makes me look petty in the least but I am thrilled, like most of you, that these traitors have been sent packing.

I actually used to like Duke when they recruited four year players but my hatred for them began with the Tyus/Okafor/Winslow one and done team.

What really bothered me about Tyus was when the Wolves drafted him, he came up with some bull ****, "It's always been my dream to play in front of my hometown." No, Tyus, clearly it wasn't.

I'm absolutely thrilled with the final four teams. Now next weekend is gonna be fun. I can root for any of these teams to win.

I'm absolutely thrilled with the final four teams. Now next weekend is gonna be fun. I can root for any of these teams to win.

I completely agree. MSU is my least favorite of the 4 and I don't hate them! What a novel thought, to like the teams you're watching.

Maybe this is what Tre meant by blazing is own path. He decided not to go to the Final Four.

I don't care if this makes me look petty in the least but I am thrilled, like most of you, that these traitors have been sent packing.

I actually used to like Duke when they recruited four year players but my hatred for them began with the Tyus/Okafor/Winslow one and done team.

What really bothered me about Tyus was when the Wolves drafted him, he came up with some bull ****, "It's always been my dream to play in front of my hometown." No, Tyus, clearly it wasn't.

I'm not going to begrudge a player who has earned a basketball scholarship from going where they want (unless they do something like commit and decommit). I'm also not going to begrudge Tyus for getting drafted by an NBA team and then looking for ways to talk up why he is excited to be there.

This x1000000000!

I don't even mind cheering for Mich St, too bad purdue couldn't have closed out. Have 2 B1G teams in the final 4 would have been fun.

There is an interesting story on how each of the NCAA final four teams was built at ESPN. Texas Tech has ZERO top 100 players on their roster. They are loaded with transfers and 3 stars. Quite a story. MSU has 7 top 100 players, Virginia 5 and Auburn 5...

Calling Built.........

Not at all. Each coach and school has to live with who they are. Great coaches get after it clean, no cheating and win in the face of it. Life is not a level playing field, how we succeed in the face of it defines us. Or whine and cry about it without ever doing anything about it to effect change. Most Presidents and coaches will stand up to a plan that favors the few. Pointed out that K is self serving, not that it was fair or unfair because it is neither right now.

I was hoping that none of Tre, Reid and Geno would make it here so we didn't have to here about the local angle but realistically wasn't expecting it so pleasantly surprised.

Not exactly thrilled we have a Big Ten team in the FF, either (conference pride is a myth) but I'll take that over the local stories being hammered all week.

Top Bottom