2019 NCAA Tournament Other Games Thread

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Fairleigh Dickinson and Belmont with play-in wins last night to kick off The Dance!

Go Gophers!!

I'll start with what I posted in the "other games" thread: I simply love watching Belmont play. Talent aside, that's a team that knows what it's doing out there. They do the big, medium and little things well.

If anyone watched the Az State and St John's game last night, it would end discussion about what bad coaching looks like. Two athletically talented teams who played total street ball.
Shamorie Ponds for St John's (who we were in on) has a ton of talent but is completely out of control and had crazy bad shot selection.

Agreed, that was some terrible basketball. Was really fun to watch NDSU pull out a win! Both 16 seed play in games were fun to watch.

Az State has a lot of talent though. Looks like they could be on the rise and I could see them winning another round or maybe two (cannot remember who they would face in the round of 32.

I'll start with what I posted in the "other games" thread: I simply love watching Belmont play. Talent aside, that's a team that knows what it's doing out there. They do the big, medium and little things well.

Byrd is one of the 20 best coaches in the game period. His peers know.

Belmont giving Maryland all they can handle.

Good win for Maryland. B1G 3-0. Thanks to genius NCAA seeding, now guaranteed a Sweet 16 team and a 75% chance of an Elite 8 team coming out of the East region.

When are Saturday game times released? Tonight or tomorrow?

Murray State thrashing the private cheeseheads. It's great. Also, if IW were half the player Morant is, we would be scary.

Belmont giving Maryland all they can handle.

Yes, Maryland's big men both had very good games; they were a bit too much for Belmont to handle and that was the difference in a very narrow win. This particular Belmont team had the stuff to have a pretty decent conference finish in at least two or three of the power conferences.

Meanwhile, Belmont's conference mate is absolutely destroying Marquette. The Big East placed 5 teams in the NIT. Three of them lost their first games, including two at home. Arizona State had a pretty comfortable win against St. John's in the play-in game. Murray St. will beat Marquette. If St. Marys beats Villanova, that will complete a real post-season flub for that conference.

Last edited:

Murray State thrashing the private cheeseheads. It's great. Also, if IW were half the player Morant is, we would be scary.

Thrashing is EXACTLY the word. Man alive!

The last 25 seconds of their game were head scratching though. Really didn't have a good plan and when the guard picked up his dribble the coach should have been calling a TO so they at least had a better chance at a shot rather than an awful TO.

First time I've had a chance to watch Ja Morant. Two words: Absolute stud.

Kid can do it all.

Some NBA team is going to VERY happy to have with him methinks.

The Fighting Eric Musselman's are laying an egg so far.

I was tempted to pick Nevada with an upset over Michigan to make the Sweet 16 in my bracket, but glad I talked myself out of it.

I was tempted to pick Nevada with an upset over Michigan to make the Sweet 16 in my bracket, but glad I talked myself out of it.

Musselman is going to leave a train wreck behind if he leaves Nevada after this year. He has one recruit coming in and 8 seniors leaving. 75-80% of their production will be gone.

Musselman is going to leave a train wreck behind if he leaves Nevada after this year. He has one recruit coming in and 8 seniors leaving. 75-80% of their production will be gone.

Good time for him to leave then. I was tempted to go watch them when they played at Air Force, but it interfered with a Gophers game.

If that is how Mussleman coaches his players...well that was not good.

Didnt play for more than 35 minutes...then came back, just to make horrible decisions late in the game

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Keyontae Johnson hitting some of the final free throws for Florida. He was one of the number of out of state targets we were after for that final fall scholarship for the 2018 class. Averaging 8 points and 6 rebounds, 38% from 3 as a freshman.

The last 25 seconds of their game were head scratching though. Really didn't have a good plan and when the guard picked up his dribble the coach should have been calling a TO so they at least had a better chance at a shot rather than an awful TO.

Yes, my thought exactly. Why do you shorten the game like that when you're trailing?

Top Bottom