KARE 11: Gophers head to Des Moines -- a short trip for fans (GopherLady interviewed)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per KARE 11:

<iframe width="640" height="360" style="border-width:1px; border-style:solid; border-color:#e6e6e6;" src="https://media.kare11.com/embeds/video/89-b1b08c4b-46ab-48cb-825c-d7353a29be4a/iframe" allowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

Since the NCAA Tournament expanded in 1985, the Gophers have never played a tournament game so close to campus. Des Moines is even closer than Milwaukee, where the Gophers traveled for the tournament in 2017 and 2010.

It's a best-case scenario for Nadine Babu, the owner of GopherHole.com.

"I knew, A) I could go, and B), tons of Gopher fans would be able to go," Babu said, describing her first reaction to the Selection Show. "When it's that easy, there's no reason not to go."

The Gophers will play the very first game of the NCAA Tournament on Thursday morning, part of Session One in Des Moines (which includes two games: Minnesota/Louisville and Michigan State/Bradley).

Tickets aren't exactly cheap for that session, but they're not totally unreasonable for a high-demand event like the NCAA Tournament. Through the NCAA, upper-deck tickets are running a little more than $150. On the secondary market like StubHub, though, tickets to the first session in Des Moines on Thursday are as low as $54 without fees.

"I think that's pretty realistic for two basketball games and a whole session," Babu said. "Plus, you don't have a flight."

https://www.kare11.com/article/news...-fans/89-cb16ce7c-9509-48ec-b5c7-044e45ae61f6

Go Gophers!!

Stub Hub with no fees? Find that hard to believe.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Stub Hub with no fees? Find that hard to believe.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Seat Geek low with fees is $99 next lowest $107, Stubhub low up to $105 now as well. Up considerably since late last night / this morning. Cheapest multiple tickets and mobile instead of pickup/UPS on SH is $135 baseline row N

The Sports Ace also interviewed! It was fun. Hope to see you all in Des Moines.

Top Bottom