P.J. Fleck applauds Tyler Johnson for leadership, improvement at Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Dustin:

Tyler Johnson is going to be listed as one of the top returning receivers in the B1G in 2019. After a 1,000-yard season, the Minnesota star will be one of the top players at his position.

Johnson has come a long way in his three years with the Gophers, moving from a role player into the No. 1 receiver on the roster. And, after a big year statistically, Johnson has become one of the more dangerous receivers in the league.

But statistics are just one aspect of Johnson’s improvement during his time in Minneapolis. Head coach P.J. Fleck says the receiver has also grown into a leader for the program, and has made his teammates better.

“[Johnson’s improvement] from when he got here through Year 1 was astronaumical. And then from Year 1 to the end of Year 2 was astonaumical. Now, what you’re going to start to see in his play is the small details, the small integral parts of the game,” Fleck said of his star receiver. “Now he’s polishing his game. He was building his game the first two years, now he’s polishing.

“I think he’s become a tremendous leader for this football team. I think he’s really opened up. I think his personality is showing a lot more. I think he believes in himself a lot more.”

https://saturdaytradition.com/minne...nson-for-leadership-improvement-at-minnesota/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom