#12 Oregon now -1 over #5 wisconsin

Wisconsin never seems to lose to teams like Oregon in the tournament. I wouldn't bet my money against them this time either.
You can make a logical argument for or against any bet. That being said, I got 500 on Oregon +1' yesterday. Wisconsin played poorly down the stretch, and Oregon is playing their best ball of the year and they have the more talented team. Oregon's defense is terrific. Anything can happen in sports, but look at what the spread is telling you. A 12 is now favored over a 5, which is highly unusual and it is a glaring sign that the 12 will probably win.

You can make a logical argument for or against any bet. That being said, I got 500 on Oregon +1' yesterday. Wisconsin played poorly down the stretch, and Oregon is playing their best ball of the year and they have the more talented team. Oregon's defense is terrific. Anything can happen in sports, but look at what the spread is telling you. A 12 is now favored over a 5, which is highly unusual and it is a glaring sign that the 12 will probably win.

That's a reasoned and logical take, but all I know is Wisconsin has about a 25-year history of winning games like this in the tournament. I hope you're right and they lose, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I hate to say it.....but Wisconsin is probably going to roll over Oregon.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Agree. Disciplined basketball usually prevails against street ball. WI wins. How does this betting thing work? Looks like a good opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badgers were 4-1 in the last 5 game-hardly poor. So, someone is favoring one team over another and this is a glaring sign?Yet when you placed your bet, Wisconsin was favored by 1. Oregons defense is Kenpom # 18 Wisconsin is # 3. Clearly they have a more talented team,How? The eye test? Why? It seems you have used zero logic in making your pick. If you bet 500 on Oregon based on your knowledge. You have to be one of the dumbest gamblers ever. Do you really know how spreads are arrived at? Didn't think so.

Badgers were 4-1 in the last 5 game-hardly poor. So, someone is favoring one team over another and this is a glaring sign?Yet when you placed your bet, Wisconsin was favored by 1. Oregons defense is Kenpom # 18 Wisconsin is # 3. Clearly they have a more talented team,How? The eye test? Why? It seems you have used zero logic in making your pick. If you bet 500 on Oregon based on your knowledge. You have to be one of the dumbest gamblers ever. Do you really know how spreads are arrived at? Didn't think so.

You're as objective on the badgers as many of us here, just in the other direction

As a Badger fan I don't love the matchup - think Oregon is playing better than a 12 seed right now. That said, if Wisconsin plays their game they should win. Problem is the offense has been ice cold recently, and Oregon's D is very good. Happ also not playing very well. It's March, there aren't too many easy games left, should be a good one.

As a Badger fan I don't love the matchup - think Oregon is playing better than a 12 seed right now. That said, if Wisconsin plays their game they should win. Problem is the offense has been ice cold recently, and Oregon's D is very good. Happ also not playing very well. It's March, there aren't too many easy games left, should be a good one.

If badgers hit their 3's, they'll be in good shape

-1 to +2. Vegas is evening out the betting. As with others, I think this is much less of a toss-up than the betting line would suggest.

Agree. Disciplined basketball usually prevails against street ball. WI wins. How does this betting thing work? Looks like a good opportunity.

Curious as to what makes you think Oregon plays "street ball". Oregon has a top 20 defense on KP, top 10 (!!) in 3P% against, and gives up fewer 3pt attempts per FG attempt than almost anyone in the country.

I don't deny that. What does that have to do with disagreeing with OSUfans post that was low on facts.

I'm pointing out that as a gopher fan he's not objectionable when viewing the badgers.

And neither are you.

I agree. UW is a tad undervalued, but Oregon is way undervalued. Tough first-round matchup.

Badgers win by 7-10 points. Davison flops twice. Gets the charge call the first time. Then he does two other cheap things like tripping. He doesn’t dare punch anyone in the balls this game but thinks seriously about it.

Badgers win by 7-10 points. Davison flops twice. Gets the charge call the first time. Then he does two other cheap things like tripping. He doesn’t dare punch anyone in the balls this game but thinks seriously about it.

If he can’t control his demented game and punches someone else in the kahoonees he will just claim he couldn’t have as he and the victim were best friends in some obscure historic AAU game game several years ago.

Well if you are so sure, put your 500 on the Badgers and we will see who wins.

I will add also, ESPN has a chalk column with "experts" picking every game in the tournament. Now, there are some disagreements, but there are only 3 sides where more than 1 analyst line up together. Yale + the points, Old Dominion + the points, and Oregon. Analysts aren't always right of course, but there is plenty to like about Oregon in this spot and I know I'm not the only one who likes them here.

I will add also, ESPN has a chalk column with "experts" picking every game in the tournament. Now, there are some disagreements, but there are only 3 sides where more than 1 analyst line up together. Yale + the points, Old Dominion + the points, and Oregon. Analysts aren't always right of course, but there is plenty to like about Oregon in this spot and I know I'm not the only one who likes them here.

Of all the 13/14 seeds, Yale would be my pick.

Oregon definitely the fashionable pick for 12 seed over 5 seed. It definitely makes sense. They're playing really well, and the Badgers seem to be in a funk offensively. As mentioned in this thread, if UW hits their 3s they should be able to win this game.

I also thought Oregon used to be a high tempo up and down the court team, but sounds like they're the opposite of that now. #304 in tempo. This could be a game that ends with both teams scoring in the 50s. I see vegas has the total at 116 - I'd be tempted to bet under!

Oregon definitely the fashionable pick for 12 seed over 5 seed. It definitely makes sense. They're playing really well, and the Badgers seem to be in a funk offensively. As mentioned in this thread, if UW hits their 3s they should be able to win this game.

I also thought Oregon used to be a high tempo up and down the court team, but sounds like they're the opposite of that now. #304 in tempo. This could be a game that ends with both teams scoring in the 50s. I see vegas has the total at 116 - I'd be tempted to bet under!

Thought I saw the money favors the over?

Pretty much all the Vegas lines are at Wisc -2 for the moment

Oregon Fighting Ducks 72, Badgers 54
$$$$$
- one of the dumbest gamblers ever

Wiscy been overrated all year. Fun to see!

Go Ducks ! They roll over the drunk skunks. I just blew bye, bye kisses to Happ like he did @ the barn.

Lol. The Pac 12 plays on 8 foot rims and Wisconsin couldn’t beat them.

Top Bottom