Gophers a 10 seed, will play #7 Louisville in Des Moines!

Gonna have to get pump primed early. First game of the tourney. Well I guess I was gonna be drunk for two straight days. Might as well as get it going early.

Any good bars to spend the day at? Thinking leave before sunrise and just spend all Thursday there

Any good bars to spend the day at? Thinking leave before sunrise and just spend all Thursday there

Game will be downtown, so there are plenty of options. Court Avenue Restaurant and Brewery is a nice place with a lot of beers and solid food. Up-Down is a lot of fun. It's a barcade with a lot of old video games and pin ball machines (NFL blitz, NBA Jam, etc). A friend of mine is an owner of Malo which is a nice Mexican restaurant and would be a good place for a drink as well. For a sports bar atmosphere this is 1908 Draught house which is a small local chain. I haven't ever been to this location, or tried their food at any location, but it will probably be one of the more popular spots downtown on game day.

Game will be downtown, so there are plenty of options. Court Avenue Restaurant and Brewery is a nice place with a lot of beers and solid food. Up-Down is a lot of fun. It's a barcade with a lot of old video games and pin ball machines (NFL blitz, NBA Jam, etc). A friend of mine is an owner of Malo which is a nice Mexican restaurant and would be a good place for a drink as well. For a sports bar atmosphere this is 1908 Draught house which is a small local chain. I haven't ever been to this location, or tried their food at any location, but it will probably be one of the more popular spots downtown on game day.
The Iowa Taproom in capital hill area is real nice too. Opened a year ago. have about 80 draft beers from all around on tap.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Village Inn in Des Moines. Winging it but tickets were selling quick

Vegas opens with Louisville -5

Superbook opened at 4.5
b5179ad82074059a0d3cbfd5f9ea9153.jpg

I can smell a path to the Sweet 16 for us!

Stay under the speed limit on the interstate in Des Moines as they have cameras that will send you a ticket a week later.
Found that out the hard way last time the tourney was there. :mad:

I don't think they take the B1G championship game into account at all. Not enough time after the game ends to adjust.

I think this is the answer as to why MSU did not get a 1 seed. Also, for most of the game it looked like they weren't going to win.

MSU suffered another huge injury today.

Huge? Isn't Ahrens like the 4th or 5th guy off the bench? Might matter against a team like Duke when you're going to need all the depth you can get, but it's not likely to matter in the first couple rounds.

Huge? Isn't Ahrens like the 4th or 5th guy off the bench? Might matter against a team like Duke when you're going to need all the depth you can get, but it's not likely to matter in the first couple rounds.

Izzo uses him 20 minutes per game because he guards 3 positions.

I might be on an island here but I think the selection committee could have done a better job with placement of the B1G teams. Why not put 2 teams in each region? MSU having to potentially play MN and MD in their first 3 games? Why?

I might be on an island here but I think the selection committee could have done a better job with placement of the B1G teams. Why not put 2 teams in each region? MSU having to potentially play MN and MD in their first 3 games? Why?

incompetence or trying to screw over big then

Selection Committee: Hey, didn't we already put that B1G champion Michigan team in the bracket region with Gonzaga? Guess not. OK, put 'em in with Duke. Hey, does the St after their name really mean anything?

What do we know about Louisville? I've heard good defense, good ft shooting, poor 3 pt. shooting.

If they didn't expand and water down the conference in an obvious money grab, this wouldn't have been possible.

Michigan State got screwed getting dumped in the same region as Duke.

Number one should be in the same region as number eight. etc. etc.
If locations didn’t matter I’m sure they would. I’ve not seen a bracket but is this the closest location for MSU to be #2 after the first 2 is placed?

[video]https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/D154mSuW0AAM93n.mp4[/video]

If they didn't expand and water down the conference in an obvious money grab, this wouldn't have been possible.

Touche. The "member institutions" need to decide whether playing conference opponents too quickly or location is more important. They can't have both. MSU got hosed as did we, but in some ways we made our bed by expanded conference and unbalanced schedules.

I don't think they take the B1G championship game into account at all. Not enough time after the game ends to adjust.

Both Michigan & MSU ended up #2 seeds. They could have put the winner of the game in the west vs Gonzaga and the loser of the game in the east vs Duke.

So the winner of the B1G ten tournament 2.0 gets a shot at Duke. I don't know why they didn't just go all hockey and put all eight B1G teams in the same half bracket of a regional. That way the B1G network could have claimed broadcast rights!

Top Bottom