Gophers a 10 seed, will play #7 Louisville in Des Moines!

Gophers were indeed in the last 4 byes. #3 to be exact. Only Florida and OSU were below us.

Anybody done an "All-Access Experience" before? Wondering if it's literally the same seats. Plus I think I can only get off work Thursday regardless. Might be a lot of driving but I'm sure it would be worth it if we win a game or two!

Michigan State got screwed getting dumped in the same region as Duke.

Number one should be in the same region as number eight. etc. etc.

May have been mentioned already, but L'ville has also already played (and beat ) Sparty this season. So lazy by the committee.

Gophers-Louisville Mich St-Bradley, Mich-Montana Nevada-Florida... Not a bad group of teams for Des Moines

Anxiously waiting to find out the times the Gophers play so we know what session to buy tickets for.

Gophers were indeed in the last 4 byes. #3 to be exact. Only Florida and OSU were below us.

All those bid stealers, and the Gophers could feel the hot breath of the play-in games on their neck.

Not happy with the seed, opponent, or draw but love that the Gophers are playing in Des Moines.

Michigan State got screwed getting dumped in the same region as Duke.

Number one should be in the same region as number eight. etc. etc.

If locations didn’t matter I’m sure they would. I’ve not seen a bracket but is this the closest location for MSU to be #2 after the first 2 is placed?

Pretty clear that without the win over Penn St (which obviously would mean we didn’t even play Purdue for a third time) we would be either playing in Dayton or possibly out altogether

The Big Ten seeings would not have been as weird if we had a 1/8/ 9. Or more than one team in the 4/5/12 groupings.

Instead we have 4 teams in the 2/7/10 groupings, and 3 more in the 3/6/11 grouping. That must have made it more difficult for the committee to place us.

The Big Ten seeings would not have been as weird if we had a 1/8/ 9. Or more than one team in the 4/5/12 groupings.

Instead we have 4 teams in the 2/7/10 groupings, and 3 more in the 3/6/11 grouping. That must have made it more difficult for the committee to place us.

Feels like flipping us with Seton Hall would have had more balance.

So if we beat Louisville....we'll have to play Michigan State? Fu#÷ off selection committee.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Okay. Maybe it is the St Patrick’s day beers but is the time and session locked in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not yet. They say later tonight.

Thanks. I am coming from Indy regardless. Just want to jump on tickets ASAP. Also I was across the aisle from Amir Coffey’s mom for the Purdue game Friday. She is amazing.

For those going to Des Moines, two words: Zombie Burger.

Disappointing placement. South would have been best at a 10. Gophs would be better off with an 11 seed in any bracket.

Booked the Comfort Inn and Suites. Closest place available on Orbitz. Ski-U-Mah. Haven’t been to a Gopher tournament game since Milwaukee 9 years ago.

It’s pretty good! You probably will die afterwards, though...

And across the street from Zombie Burger is...this

20170820_222329.jpg

Attachments

• 20170820_222329.jpg
    20170820_222329.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 44

For those going to Des Moines, two words: Zombie Burger.

DT Des Moines has a lot of great places to eat for a foodie. Was a pleasant surprise to find that out on my first of many business trips there about 10 years ago.

El Bait Shop is really cool as well. One of my favorite spots to drink.

The Exchange or whatever its called in Des Moines still open?

Perhaps dumb question: why is the site the U directs you to for tickets a ticket exchange? Is the venue sold out? What's the deal?

Top Bottom