Gophers a 10 seed, will play #7 Louisville in Des Moines!

I wanted a 10 seed for the easier round of 32 game. They got that but they'd be playing what should be a 1 seed that's already beat them twice and wouldn't get credit for beating a 1 seed if they won.

I have to wonder if they intentionally matched us up against Louisville just for the Pitino story.

Iowa also got screwed going up against Cinci in Columbus.

We only played MSU once.

So the Spartans were the lowest two seed? Or did that go away too?

I don't think they take the B1G championship game into account at all. Not enough time after the game ends to adjust.

3 big Ten teams in that side of the bracket. Dum

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ok, Louisville, Fine... But they seriously expect us to believe that the matchup was at random? They put this together so that they could get some drama going with Rick Pitino and son both cheering against Rick's old team. Makes me a little queasy..

I don't think they take the B1G championship game into account at all. Not enough time after the game ends to adjust.

Maybe so, but seems like you could have two scenarios to account for the result. If a team w/o a bid sealed up had made it to the conference championship you would need to have two scenarios.

Maybe so, but seems like you could have two scenarios to account for the result. If a team w/o a bid sealed up had made it to the conference championship you would need to have two scenarios.

Yes. But they would only do it if they had to, IMO. For example, if IU had made it to the championship game, I think they would just put them in as a non-first four team and call it a day.

Last edited:

At least we didn’t draw Nevada or Cincinnati

Yes. But they would only do it if they had to, IMO. For example, if IU had made it to the championship game, I think they would just put them in and call it a day.

What if Penn State had made it in the final? Like Illinois a few years ago.

Not trying to argue with you. More annoyed they can't find a way to not play a fellow conference team in the first two rounds. That's silly.

Might as well make the trip down to visit my Alma Mater! Who's coming with me?!? Go Gophers.

I'd be all over this, but we're heading to Oshkosh Friday. My baby's Division 3 gymnastics squad is competing in the national championship meet on Saturday. May the force be with you all. Get loud!

f3892f361fec765a25910a3ac4e20e3e.jpg

Nice weather

When do we find out the time?

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

What if Penn State had made it in the final? Like Illinois a few years ago.

Not trying to argue with you. More annoyed they can't find a way to not play a fellow conference team in the first two rounds. That's silly.

In that case, they would have no choice. I just think they avoid having to work on two brackets in the final hours. Though they just claimed they moved MSU from 2 seed to the other. I call BS.

What's the over under on how many times reporters will mention or ask Rick or Richard Pitino about Matz, beating his dad's old team, his recruits beating his son's team, who Rick is rooting for, etc.?

What's the over under on how many times reporters will mention or ask Rick or Richard Pitino about Matz, beating his dad's old team, his recruits beating his son's team, who Rick is rooting for, etc.?

Combined? 50.

Michigan St was rated 6th but is in the same bracket as Duke.

Louisville’s like a poor man’s Maryland with their two 7 footers in the front court. Always concerned about Murph having to go against some of these bigger front courts but the matchup could have been a lot worse. If Matz can go I feel cautiously optimistic. Hopefully it’s a Gophers crowd!

Committee chair said that Mich St jumped Kentucky on the 2 line as a result of the win today

Top Bottom