Sid: Rumors are that Michael Hurt will leave MN and join Matthew next season

That would be stupid

i have a hard time believing a program like kansas or dook would waste a scholarship on him. maybe if he walked on

i have a hard time believing a program like kansas or dook would waste a scholarship on him. maybe if he walked on

Yeah, the only way I can see this working is if he is a walk-on. I guess unless Matthew tells the program that it's a package deal and they feel they can spare a one-year scholarship for a 11th or 12th man.

If so, Michael Hurt will end up having been a missed scholly on par with bakary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are both going to Northern Iowa?

Yeah, I don't see Duke or Kansas lighting a scholarship on fire for that. If you want to play with your brother, Matthew, come to MN.

Yeah, I don't see Duke or Kansas lighting a scholarship on fire for that. If you want to play with your brother, Matthew, come to MN.

The thing about Duke's scholarships is they only play 7 guys. When you have 4 of the most talented players in each class every year, it doesn't really matter who is at the very end of your bench. I could see a coach agreeing to use a schollie if they feel Matthew is one of those game-changers.

Wouldn’t this be a little, you know, embarrassing for Michael?

The thing about Duke's scholarships is they only play 7 guys. When you have 4 of the most talented players in each class every year, it doesn't really matter who is at the very end of your bench. I could see a coach agreeing to use a schollie if they feel Matthew is one of those game-changers.

Maybe for a player like Zion. But for Hurt? He's a nice player, but do you want every future recruit trying to get their brother/cousin/best friend a scholarship they don't deserve?

Surprised he would write this.
Doesn’t Sid usually say Minnesota still has a chance at him until the last possible second?

Maybe for a player like Zion. But for Hurt? He's a nice player, but do you want every future recruit trying to get their brother/cousin/best friend a scholarship they don't deserve?

I hear you. Probably unlikely, just kinda speculating on if there would be any scenario where Sid's "scoop" would work.

As the year has progressed I’ve been thinking that mike would transfer where his brother goes.

Maybe that means that means Memphis is a player. Only team I could see taking big bro.

Rumors? Feels more like idle speculation.

Cya Mike. So now we have 5 open scholarships (assuming Mike and IW transfer). Get to work, Richard.

Mike could walk on. Perhaps his brother is saying with his contract when going pro he can pay the bills for him to transfer.

Kind of sad that your future is tied to the life decisions of your little brother, but que sera.

This would basically be the Ellenson playbook. Gophers have the lesser brother on scholarship for multiple years only for the better younger brother to go elsewhere. It got like no publicity, but Wojo "Creaned" Wally off the team with eligibility remaining when Henry left for the NBA draft. Imagine the hand wringing if that happened at Minnesota?

If Matthew is not coming, it's best for all involved that Michael move on. If he was going to develop, he would have done so by now. I can't imagine any schools on Matthew's list giving Michael a scholarship though with the exception of Memphis and possibly Kansas.

I can think of 1 time in the past 15 years Duke used all 13 scholarships. They usually max out at 11 and give the final 1 or 2 scholarships to walk-ons. Justin Robinson is on scholarship this year as a walk-on, though it's entirely obvious that it's frivolous for Justin's family as his Dad is worth more than $100 million. Even with that, they still have an open scholarship.

As it stands right now, Duke has committed 10 scholarships next year if Tre Jones returns. There will definitely be a throw-away scholarship available for Michael if that's what it takes to get Matthew.

Mike could walk on. Perhaps his brother is saying with his contract when going pro he can pay the bills for him to transfer.

You mean when he gets paid from his college team

Top Bottom