Sid: Rumors are that Michael Hurt will leave MN and join Matthew next season

He's going to announce on his birthday, which is in the middle of April. I think Kansas has a leg up on all other schools. From what I've been told Pitino hasn't contacted Matthew since November.

Those who know don't talk. And those who talk (usually) don't know. My guess is that the Hurts are not blabbing all over Rochester what their plans are, which is a wise move.

That having been said, it would seem almost impossible that he would not have some contact with the family with a brother on the team.

I’d love him to be a gopher, but if I where him, I’d go to a softer conference for big men.

That should have said the 19th.

So he is waiting on other players as I'm hearing this player is one and done. One and done's have to wait to see what clears out on other teams? LOL

It's common for elite players to wait and see who is leaving for the draft so they know the exact makeup of the rosters before they commit. This would be smart for all players to do, but most players don't have the luxury of having coaches reserve spots for them. Elite players do, hence the reason they often wait like Matthew is.

Holy Man knows all! I only comment when I know something is true. Unlike YOU!

My brother lives in SE MN and knows a lot of people - coaches and AD's, refs, etc. He says the latest rumor/story is that Matthew Hurt is strongly learning toward Memphis. At least that's the buzz among the area basketball fans. he's also heard the rumor that Michael Hurt will transfer to join his brother. Supposedly, Michael will have enough credits to graduate early and leave as a grad transfer.

My brother lives in SE MN and knows a lot of people - coaches and AD's, refs, etc. He says the latest rumor/story is that Matthew Hurt is strongly learning toward Memphis. At least that's the buzz among the area basketball fans. he's also heard the rumor that Michael Hurt will transfer to join his brother. Supposedly, Michael will have enough credits to graduate early and leave as a grad transfer.

there isn't a more suspect recruiting staff than what memphis has right now. the hurt's aren't memphis basketball types, they don't want to go down that ceasepool.

But does Michael get as big a payoff as Matthew to go to Memphis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This had better not be true. How embarrassing for the dad to come here and mock someone who posted that exact same thing, and then it actually happens. It wouldn't surprise me in the least though.

Isn't Mike Miller, working with the Hurt kid on shooting or something. Miller is on the staff Memphis.

The only thing is that if Hurt goes to Memphis, doesn't that mean he will rarely be on TV? I'm real curious about his career. I've heard some coaches say he is the best thing ever, and others question his body build and handles. I would love to watch him but is Memphis on TV much?

Well if hurt is considering kansas, at least they are also losing by 20....

He's going to announce on his birthday, which is in the middle of April. I think Kansas has a leg up on all other schools. From what I've been told Pitino hasn't contacted Matthew since November.

Holy Man knows all! I only comment when I know something is true. Unlike YOU!

Thanks for the updates, semenfan!

I bet if you did a poll in the area, less than 5% of people would predict Memphis.

This had better not be true. How embarrassing for the dad to come here and mock someone who posted that exact same thing, and then it actually happens. It wouldn't surprise me in the least though.

Isn't Mike Miller, working with the Hurt kid on shooting or something. Miller is on the staff Memphis.

The only thing is that if Hurt goes to Memphis, doesn't that mean he will rarely be on TV? I'm real curious about his career. I've heard some coaches say he is the best thing ever, and others question his body build and handles. I would love to watch him but is Memphis on TV much?
Yeah, since Miller is on staff at Memphis, i am pretty sure it would be a recruiting violation for him to currently be working with Hurt.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Yeah, since Miller is on staff at Memphis, i am pretty sure it would be a recruiting violation for him to currently be working with Hurt.

Not the first thing that Goldteam has said about Hurt that makes absolutely no sense.

Yes. In the summer of 2017, he worked with Mike Miller and I think Michael might’ve as well. I don’t know if he worked with anymore between then and when he joined the Memphis staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you would be 100 % correct. There are strict windows of personal contact.

Not the first thing that Goldteam has said about Hurt that makes absolutely no sense.

Which Hurt?

I said the older Hurt couldn't play at this level coming out of high school.

I said 2 months ago the older one would leave to be with the younger.

I have questioned to greatness of the younger brother at the next level.

What else did I say?

First of all, we have no idea who that was. Could be his dad, uncle, other relative, coach, friend, etc. Secondly, they never said Memphis isn’t in the mix and that Michael wouldn’t transfer.

Every conference game was on national TV.

https://www.fox13memphis.com/amp/sports/uofm-basketball-releases-2018-19-full-schedule/837696385

It really doesn’t matter though in terms of visibility other than making it easy for you watch him. Being on ESPN+ every night didn’t keep Ja Morant from becoming a top 3 pick.

Last edited:

Best of luck to Michael. Good kid, not a high-major basketball player. This will open up a scholarship, hopefully resulting in an equally good kid but also a high-major player.

Wouldn't Michael have to sit out a year if he transfers? By that time Matthew will be in the NBA... I don't see how this would technically work?

Wouldn't Michael have to sit out a year if he transfers? By that time Matthew will be in the NBA... I don't see how this would technically work?

He's a junior, so it's possible he can graduate after this semester and enroll as a grad transfer.

Top Bottom