Sid: Rumors are that Michael Hurt will leave MN and join Matthew next season

Well, true, but the same thing could be said for Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, or Brown but he might actually be able to play some at one of those schools.

Not on scholarship.

He could follow his brother and go to Duke to get a leg up on admission to their medical school.

Michael will graduate this spring, one year early. From what I've heard (like I said before and was criticized) It's down to Kansas and Memphis. and Michael is part of the deal.

Memphis could be a trainwreck next year. For a ‘one and done’ you’d basically be betting you’re joining the next ‘Fab 5’.

Last edited:

Please please Pitino, no more offering the big brother to try to reel in the little brother anymore... wasted two roster spots with nothing to show for it. No more!

Please please Pitino, no more offering the big brother to try to reel in the little brother anymore... wasted two roster spots with nothing to show for it. No more!

Michael was a top 150. He deserved an offer

Michael was a top 150. He deserved an offer

He was not a top 150 player. He may have been rated top 150 by some services but he was not a top 150 player.

This is why you don't trust online ratings for your recruiting choices.

He was not a top 150 player. He may have been rated top 150 by some services but he was not a top 150 player.

This is why you don't trust online ratings for your recruiting choices.

Everyone’s right when they play Monday morning QB.

Tubby offered Wally Ellenson in a futile attempt to lure Henry, so Pitino only did it once with the Hurts.

Michael will graduate this spring, one year early. From what I've heard (like I said before and was criticized) It's down to Kansas and Memphis. and Michael is part of the deal.

Thanks for the update, semenfan!

Tubby offered Wally Ellenson in a futile attempt to lure Henry, so Pitino only did it once with the Hurts.

Michael is not equivalent to Wally. He was a legit prospect. Somewhere in his freshman year he lost his confidence on offense and never really go it back.

Michael was at one point a top 70 recruit on ESPN. He was ranked as high as 67th IRCC.

Michael was at one point a top 70 recruit on ESPN. He was ranked as high as 67th IRCC.

He has skills. He can pass. He has the ability to shoot. He's smart. But ... he just lost his confidence, and everything spiraled. It happens with some guys. They can do everything in high school, the guys are faster and stronger, and the confidence goes away, and in this case, never comes back. It's sad, but he seems like a good kid. He'll do well in non-basketball things I expect.

Correct. He was a great shooter and good passer in high school. Shooting can be largely mental, and he clearly is having confidence issues. If a shooter isn't shooting, obviously he's not going to make a big impact. Made sense to recruit him at the time.

Not even remotely close to being true! Stick to gossip columns because your attempts at reporting facts suck bad!

I
Not even remotely close to being true! Stick to gossip columns because your attempts at reporting facts suck bad!

Mr Hurt, is that you? Regardless, welcome and interesting first post

I hope we get Matt, but still want Micheal to stay a Gopher. He has earned his roster spot and is a good player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope we get Matt, but still want Micheal to stay a Gopher. He has earned his roster spot and is a good player.

Agreed with everyone, except maybe him being a good player. Great kid and teammate. Can provide some minutes. I hope he stays.

I was very happy for Michael today. He played some huge minutes in the biggest win for the program in years. We will need him again on Saturday.

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Michael looks like he’s having the time of his life out there during the BTT and NCAA tournament! I don’t see him leaving, and I honestly believe that this run is opening the door back up where Matthew has to give it some serious consideration! Just think how much fun the Hurt brothers would have during a tourney run on their hometown team?!?

I would imagine that door is solidly closed. That Ryan James podcast mentioned that the staff hasn't been pursuing Matthew since the fall.

I would imagine that door is solidly closed. That Ryan James podcast mentioned that the staff hasn't been pursuing Matthew since the fall.

He knows they want him and would roll out the red carpet if he decided to stay home. Pitino has put more effort into recruiting him then any other school. Obviously, Matt has given Pitino the impression that he isn’t coming here, so no use wasting the time. We want players that want to play here.

Even if the Hurt's told the staff that they aren't considering the U anymore, if I were Richard Pitino, I'd pull a Monson who when the Rickert's told him he was going to Arizona, Monson said "I respect your decision, but on behalf of the State of Minnesota, I can't stop recruiting you."

Go Gophers!!

He knows they want him and would roll out the red carpet if he decided to stay home. Pitino has put more effort into recruiting him then any other school. Obviously, Matt has given Pitino the impression that he isn’t coming here, so no use wasting the time. We want players that want to play here.

This is definitely not true.

Go Gophers!!

Oturu’s clip that Gopher Lady posted i twitter from today about staying home is something that I Hope Matthew and the 2020 prospects see. Matthew is a smart player. He made good decisions under pressure today.
On a side note is it true that the entire bench did not attempt a shot?

you see how good this team is when murphy can open up the floor...so we replace our two worst shooters with the two hurts in the starting lineup.... that squad would be tough...also...Mike seems to me like a jarvis johnson, jarvis omersa type kid that just loves the gophers and always has... dont see him going anywhere, but if he wants to actually play with his brother, this is his best opportunity

Top Bottom