Sid: Rumors are that Michael Hurt will leave MN and join Matthew next season

you see how good this team is when murphy can open up the floor...so we replace our two worst shooters with the two hurts in the starting lineup.... that squad would be tough...also...Mike seems to me like a jarvis johnson, jarvis omersa type kid that just loves the gophers and always has... dont see him going anywhere, but if he wants to actually play with his brother, this is his best opportunity

I agree that he has no better opportunity to be on the court with his brother.

Not even remotely close to being true! Stick to gossip columns because your attempts at reporting facts suck bad!

geezez Hurt, have your kid announce already!

Last edited:

Oturu’s clip that Gopher Lady posted i twitter from today about staying home is something that I Hope Matthew and the 2020 prospects see. Matthew is a smart player. He made good decisions under pressure today.
On a side note is it true that the entire bench did not attempt a shot?

Gophs were the first team since 2012 to win a tourney game and the bench scored 0 points.

geezez Hurt, have your kid announce already!

Matthew said a couple months ago that he would announce in April some time. It's smart for him to wait to see who leaves Duke, North Carolina and Kansas and what the rosters might look like.
Duke makes a lot of sense. Minnesota makes sense if he wants to play with Mike. Obviously I hope he chooses to play for the gophers but Duke may very well win the ncaa tournament; I can understand why one would want to play for Coach K and contend for a national title.

Matthew said a couple months ago that he would announce in April some time. It's smart for him to wait to see who leaves Duke, North Carolina and Kansas and what the rosters might look like.
Duke makes a lot of sense. Minnesota makes sense if he wants to play with Mike. Obviously I hope he chooses to play for the gophers but Duke may very well win the ncaa tournament; I can understand why one would want to play for Coach K and contend for a national title.
yeah no serious person would get mad at him for going to Duke... or if Michael would want to leave to follow his brother... I get the feeling that Michael has friends on this team, although two are graduating in Dupree and Jordan.. you have to wonder how strong relationship he has with the players as he enters his senior year and most of his longstanding teammates are gone besides Coffey

Although, one huge factor with Duke is that they will not have Zion Williamson next year. I'm sure they will be decent, but they will take a step back next year. That guy does everything for them!

Although, one huge factor with Duke is that they will not have Zion Williamson next year. I'm sure they will be decent, but they will take a step back next year. That guy does everything for them!

Programs like Duke/Kentucky/Kansas....who can afford the best players money can buy never really take all that big of a step back.

Programs like Duke/Kentucky/Kansas....who can afford the best players money can buy never really take all that big of a step back.

This is correct, and this is also why it's strange that we continue to be surprised when kids like Nnanji and Hurt and others choose places other than the U. If my family were offered a lot of under-the-table money, plus the chance to play for a championship, I'd have a tough time saying no too. A lot of these kids probably are well aware of how much money the coaches are making, and how much income the university derives from their labor, and are much less concerned about getting some money in return. This FBI investigation is blowing the lid off of how common this stuff is, and that's at non-traditional powers. The mind boggles at how much a kid like Matthew Hurt can command at a place like Duke or Kansas.

Soooo..... Hurt is not coming to MN? :ironic shocked face:

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hurt and Stull will both probably be needed more tomorrow. Sounds like neither Murphy or Matz practiced today.

Hurt and Stull will both probably be needed more tomorrow. Sounds like neither Murphy or Matz practiced today.

Murphy will play and I would be surprised if he has lingering issues. No reason to have him practice, give him all the rest you can.

I think Hurt will play quite a bit tomorrow.

Michigan State has a couple of DE's playing 4/5 and they will go out Murph, Oturu, Omersa and Hurt. Hurt is a tougher guy than probably gets credit for, he doesn't mean boxing out and getting in there. It's a really tough matchup for him physically, but we really don't have many options. So I hope when Hurt plays, he is decisive and if they lay off of him too him, he's gotta shoot.

You seriously think he doesn't know where he is going as of today? Seriously?

You seriously think he doesn't know where he is going as of today? Seriously?

I honestly think he thinks Duke, but his heart wants the Gophers... If we make Sweet 16 and Coffey returns, there is no reason we can’t contend next year and he has to see that. I really would not be surprised if he stayed home, presuming Coffey stays.

I honestly think he thinks Duke, but his heart wants the Gophers... If we make Sweet 16 and Coffey returns, there is no reason we can’t contend next year and he has to see that. I really would not be surprised if he stayed home, presuming Coffey stays.

he knows where he is going!

Last edited:

I don’t want to start a new thread on this, and since Sid started this by throwing out some BS, I thought I’d share that IW posted on Instagram a photo of him at the barn with the caption “without the struggle there’s no story #FREJELLY”.

Wish the best for the kid, here or elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t want to start a new thread on this, and since Sid started this by throwing out some BS, I thought I’d share that IW posted on Instagram a photo of him at the barn with the caption “without the struggle there’s no story #FREJELLY”.

Wish the best for the kid, here or elsewhere.

Jelly’s body language has been nothing but positive. From appearances, he’s having fun and being a good teammate. If he goes somewhere else, best of luck to him.

he knows where he is going!

How would you know? Many, many kids struggle to make their college decisions through April to the declaration day of May 1. Just because he is a basketball player doesn’t make it any easier for him. That doesn’t mean I think he is considering the U, but he could easily be torn between two schools just like any other kid.

I would imagine that door is solidly closed. That Ryan James podcast mentioned that the staff hasn't been pursuing Matthew since the fall.

Maybe Hurt gave Pitino a silent verbal a long time ago and just told him to not spend anymore time recruiting him because it isn’t necessary? :cool:

This is definitely not true.

Go Gophers!!

Come on Bleed, of all people you know that Pitino has been watching his games since he was in the eighth grade and offered him a scholarship when he was in ninth grade (info from your own posts). Yea, maybe he has backed off over the last year, but Pitino has been talking to him years before any of the schools on his projected final list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How would you know? Many, many kids struggle to make their college decisions through April to the declaration day of May 1. Just because he is a basketball player doesn’t make it any easier for him. That doesn’t mean I think he is considering the U, but he could easily be torn between two schools just like any other kid.

Well dad seems to post here. Maybe he can chime in and say he doesn't know where he is going.

He's announcing on April 19 because it's his birthday.

Last edited:

Well dad seems to post here. Maybe he can chime in and say he doesn't know where he is going.

He's announcing on April 10 because it's his birthday.

He might be announcing then because it's his birthday, but he's also announcing then because the Tournament will be over and virtually everyone of consequence will have decided whether they're entering the draft by that point.

I just want to weigh in by agreeing with those who hope Mike stays. He seems to be a cool sh!t who loves and is loved by his teammates. It would hurt my heart to see him walk away from that and from us.

Come on Bleed, of all people you know that Pitino has been watching his games since he was in the eighth grade and offered him a scholarship when he was in ninth grade (info from your own posts). Yea, maybe he has backed off over the last year, but Pitino has been talking to him years before any of the schools on his projected final list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know about 8th grade, but I'm pretty confident by the time he was in 9th grade everyone felt he was one of the top players in his class in the country. The Blue Bloods may not have been coming to Rochester to watch him play yet (I don't know one way or another), but they all knew who he was and college coaches were building relationships with his coaching staffs. I have no idea what Matthew Hurt is thinking about for college, but I hope this run at least makes him think about Minnesota. That being said, he has earned the right to pick any college he wants to choose.

He might be announcing then because it's his birthday, but he's also announcing then because the Tournament will be over and virtually everyone of consequence will have decided whether they're entering the draft by that point.

That should have said the 19th.

So he is waiting on other players as I'm hearing this player is one and done. One and done's have to wait to see what clears out on other teams? LOL

This could very easily be true. I'm sure there were times during the last 4 years that Matthew Hurt probably thought the U was going to be the school for him. He would get to play in front his family (at least more easily) and in his home state. My guess is that at some point, he probably eliminated Minnesota in his mind because of the success the program was having. Maybe a little run by the Gophers has caused him to reconsider just a little bit. About his brother, he does seem like a great guy. I hope he comes back next year, but respect his decision either way. I wish Pitino would have developed his bench a little more. But he is trying to win games to save his job. I get it. He might look back at it at the end of the year and wished he would have done things differently too.

About Matthew Hurt.... I was able to watch him play 6 times this year. Some games weren't his best' but in others he was spectacular. JP Macura score a little over 1000 points his senior season and had the record for most points in a season in the largest class...until this season. He averaged 32 points a game in 32 games. This season Hurt scored about 40 more points in 3 less games and averaged about 37 points a game. I've never seen anything like it. Wherever he decides to go, I wish him the best and I'll always be a fan.

That should have said the 19th.

So he is waiting on other players as I'm hearing this player is one and done. One and done's have to wait to see what clears out on other teams? LOL

How did you get that out of what I said? Why wouldn't he take his time and gather more data to determine who will have a better team next year? What's his rush?

He's going to announce on his birthday, which is in the middle of April. I think Kansas has a leg up on all other schools. From what I've been told Pitino hasn't contacted Matthew since November.

He's going to announce on his birthday, which is in the middle of April. I think Kansas has a leg up on all other schools. From what I've been told Pitino hasn't contacted Matthew since November.

Hurt didn’t attend any games as pitinos guest, if only to watch his brother play?

Top Bottom