Sid: Rumors are that Michael Hurt will leave MN and join Matthew next season

Mike on pace to graduate early? That’s the only way this will work. And if that is the case, I’ll be honest, that’s a win for both sides. Mike seems to be a good kid and teammate but we need more shooters/scorers the next two years. An extra scholarship will help that for sure.

Mike on pace to graduate early? That’s the only way this will work. And if that is the case, I’ll be honest, that’s a win for both sides. Mike seems to be a good kid and teammate but we need more shooters/scorers the next two years. An extra scholarship will help that for sure.

Will it? If they end up with 5, it seems possible that Conroy/Rudrud is going to end up with one of them and we'll hold it for the 2020 class.

We don't have 3 available right now? Mike's off court presence himself is worth the scholly if he chooses to stay. We have others to find and fill needs.

Will it? If they end up with 5, it seems possible that Conroy/Rudrud is going to end up with one of them and we'll hold it for the 2020 class.

Exactly. If Hurt leaves that means we still have 4 scholarships to fill. It's highly unlikely at this point it would be filled by a high end recruit. I'd rather have Hurt than no one.

They have plenty of top 150 targets they are after. So what ur saying is we would be better off not pursuing one of those players? That’s ridiculous

They have plenty of top 150 targets they are after. So what ur saying is we would be better off not pursuing one of those players? That’s ridiculous

True, but the chances of us adding 4 top 150 recruits is 0%

People would feel different if we didn't already have 3 open spots

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is good news. We will continue to support Michael as he finishes out his career at the U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if people feel about Hurt right now approximately how they felt about Matz Stockman coming back.

Never know, Stockman ended being a nice contributor at times this past season.

I wonder if people feel about Hurt right now approximately how they felt about Matz Stockman coming back.

I'm glad that he is coming back. He understands the game. I hope he plays with more confidence and he could help us.

It could end up the same. We still have 3-4 open scholarships. If he had left, I suspect at least one would have been held open and given to one of the walk-ons, so there's nothing lost in all likelihood.

If Hurt rediscovers how to shoot, he will be a useful player.

Glad he’s returning. He can be a solid contributor for the Gophers next season.
Here’s to him playing a major role in shutting down little brother in the sweet sixteen and making a couple big baskets to send the Gophers to the Elite Eight and the Blue Devils home!

Here’s to him playing a major role in shutting down little brother in the sweet sixteen and making a couple big baskets to send the Gophers to the Elite Eight and the Blue Devils home!

Best practice player on the team. Our version of Isaiah Dahlman.

He's been the perfect teammate and I actually don't think he hurt us when he was out there last year.

I hope he gains some confidence, takes open shots and makes a few of them.

Glad he is back. Hard worker, it will pay off. He wanted to be a Gopher and he has conducted himself with class.

I’m sure Michael Hurt is a great kid. Maybe the best kid in the entire state, the consummate teammate that does all the little things...

That said, he’s an empty body on the court. He doesn’t possess a single thing that benefits the team.

solid contributor?
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks I needed a good laugh.

I'm glad that he is coming back. He understands the game. I hope he plays with more confidence and he could help us.
The leash he's been giving his entire career is comical to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm good with Michael staying, he's a solid part of the rotation, I'd rather they save the scholarship til next year too. I agree about the confidence part too, he's got the tools, he just needs to play with a more aggressive mindset IMO.

I'm good with Michael staying, he's a solid part of the rotation, I'd rather they save the scholarship til next year too. I agree about the confidence part too, he's got the tools, he just needs to play with a more aggressive mindset IMO.

1.7 Pts, 1.2 Reb, 0.3 Ast

solid?

c'mon man.

play with a more aggressive mindset?

will that help him gain foot speed?

I’m sure Michael Hurt is a great kid. Maybe the best kid in the entire state, the consummate teammate that does all the little things...

That said, he’s an empty body on the court. He doesn’t possess a single thing that benefits the team.

Thank you! I hate this phony sentimentality and fear of saying socially unacceptable things. I'm glad you're not afflicted with that.

We would have been better off with almost anyone else the last three years. Bakary contributed more. Gas didn't but that's about it.

That said, it's not impossible that he could have a much improved senior year. I've seen that happen before.

Yeah, it actually will.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to consider the possibility we don’t beat Louisville without Michael’s leadership versus their press down the home stretch. He can be an asset on the floor.
Confidence would help a ton! He can plug some different holes...offers some versatility off the bench.
I think his senior year can be his best year. If he could average four points we’ll be
singing his perseverance to contribute and a better team with him.

1.7 Pts, 1.2 Reb, 0.3 Ast

solid?

c'mon man.

play with a more aggressive mindset?

will that help him gain foot speed?

Those numbers are in limited minutes. His P40 shows 8.7 pts, 6.1 Reb, 1.3 Ast, that's fine for fundamentally sound bench player who knows his role.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/michael-hurt-1.html

As for his lack of foot speed, much of that can be attributed to his tentative play, playing with a more confident, aggressive mindset would absolutely make a difference in that area.

Thank you! I hate this phony sentimentality and fear of saying socially unacceptable things. I'm glad you're not afflicted with that.
-
We would have been better off with almost anyone else the last three years. Bakary contributed more. Gas didn't but that's about it.

That said, it's not impossible that he could have a much improved senior year. I've seen that happen before.

So stats are the only true indicator of value and worth? Michael is a great locker room kid and teammate. I know people don't want to attain value to that, but it matters as well.

we have a MN kid who dreamt of being a Gopher and basically committed very early once the offer came in and no we rip the kid for production? You wonder why other local kids don't want to come here? It's easier to go elsewhere and you never get truly appreciated when you stay.

Top Bottom