Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Default Sid: Rumors are that Michael Hurt will leave MN and join Matthew next season

per Sid:

• Rumors are that Michael Hurt will leave the Gophers and join his brother Matthew, the Rochester John Marshall standout, wherever he goes to school.

http://www.startribune.com/richard-p...ith/507253342/

Go Gophers!!

That would be stupid

i have a hard time believing a program like kansas or dook would waste a scholarship on him. maybe if he walked on

Quote Originally Posted by A nonymous View Post
    i have a hard time believing a program like kansas or dook would waste a scholarship on him. maybe if he walked on
    Yeah, the only way I can see this working is if he is a walk-on. I guess unless Matthew tells the program that it's a package deal and they feel they can spare a one-year scholarship for a 11th or 12th man.

If so, Michael Hurt will end up having been a missed scholly on par with bakary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are both going to Northern Iowa?

Blog Entries

Yeah, I don't see Duke or Kansas lighting a scholarship on fire for that. If you want to play with your brother, Matthew, come to MN.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Yeah, I don't see Duke or Kansas lighting a scholarship on fire for that. If you want to play with your brother, Matthew, come to MN.
    The thing about Duke's scholarships is they only play 7 guys. When you have 4 of the most talented players in each class every year, it doesn't really matter who is at the very end of your bench. I could see a coach agreeing to use a schollie if they feel Matthew is one of those game-changers.

Wouldn’t this be a little, you know, embarrassing for Michael?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WriterGoph View Post
    The thing about Duke's scholarships is they only play 7 guys. When you have 4 of the most talented players in each class every year, it doesn't really matter who is at the very end of your bench. I could see a coach agreeing to use a schollie if they feel Matthew is one of those game-changers.
    Maybe for a player like Zion. But for Hurt? He's a nice player, but do you want every future recruit trying to get their brother/cousin/best friend a scholarship they don't deserve?

Surprised he would write this.
    Doesn’t Sid usually say Minnesota still has a chance at him until the last possible second?

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Maybe for a player like Zion. But for Hurt? He's a nice player, but do you want every future recruit trying to get their brother/cousin/best friend a scholarship they don't deserve?
    I hear you. Probably unlikely, just kinda speculating on if there would be any scenario where Sid's "scoop" would work.

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    They are both going to Northern Iowa?
    Aloha Mr. Hand

As the year has progressed I’ve been thinking that mike would transfer where his brother goes.

Maybe that means that means Memphis is a player. Only team I could see taking big bro.