Face The Facts - Field of 68

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just pasting this for the record with seeds included, but seeds are not placed in order (Duke over NC for example).

Seed - Team
# 1 - Virginia
# 1 - Duke
# 1 - North Carolina
# 1 - Tennessee
# 2 - Gonzaga
# 2 - Kentucky
# 2 - Michigan State
# 2 - Michigan
# 3 - LSU
# 3 - Houston
# 3 - Kansas
# 3 - Florida State
# 4 - Texas Tech
# 4 - Purdue
# 4 - Kansas State
# 4 - Wisconsin

# 5 - Marquette
# 5 - Auburn
# 5 - Virginia Tech
# 5 - Maryland
# 6 - Villanova
# 6 - Buffalo
# 6 - Cincinnati
# 6 - Wofford
# 7 - Mississippi State
# 7 - Nevada
# 7 - Iowa State
# 7 - Iowa
# 8 - Louisville
# 8 - UCF
# 8 - Seton Hall
# 8 - Temple

# 9 - VCU
# 9 - Washington
# 9 - Minnesota
# 9 - Ohio State
# 10 - Syracuse
# 10 - Arizona State
# 10 - Utah State
# 10 - Baylor
# 11 - Alabama
# 11 - Ole Miss
# 11 - TCU
# 11 - Saint John's
# 12 - Florida
# 12 - Oregon
# 12 - Saint Mary's College
# 12 - New Mexico State
# 12 - Murray State
# 12 - UC Irvine

# 13 - St. Louis
# 13 - Liberty
# 13 - Northeastern
# 13 - Old Dominion
# 14 - Vermont
# 14 - Yale or Harvard
# 14 - Georgia State
# 14 - Northern Kentucky
# 15 - Montana
# 15 - Colgate
# 15 - Abilene Christian
# 15 - Bradley
# 16 - Gardner-Webb
# 16 - Prairie View A&M
# 16 - North Dakota State
# 16 - Iona
# 16 - Fairleigh Dickinson
# 16 - North Carolina Central

Last four in:
#11 - St. Johns
# 11 - Ole Miss
# 11 - TCU
# 12 - Florida

First Five Out:

Indiana
NC State
Oklahoma
Belmont

Last edited:

Dream bracket for me is slotting in at 10 against Wofford (they haven't beaten anyone) and looking ahead at Gonzaga on the #2 line. I'm kinda hoping the Gophers don't end up as a 8 or 9. Our odds against any of the 1 seeds ain't good, and the first round game won't be any easier.

Dream bracket for me is slotting in at 10 against Wofford (they haven't beaten anyone) and looking ahead at Gonzaga on the #2 line. I'm kinda hoping the Gophers don't end up as a 8 or 9. Our odds against any of the 1 seeds ain't good, and the first round game won't be any easier.

I agree.

Love Wofford or Buffalo as a first round matchup (or any mid-major for that matter).

Avoid ACC. I'd more welcome 2nd round games against Gonzaga, Tennessee, or Kentucky than the three ACC teams.
If I had to pick an ACC team, I'll take Virginia and hope for the best.

I agree.

Love Wofford or Buffalo as a first round matchup (or any mid-major for that matter).

Avoid ACC. I'd more welcome 2nd round games against Gonzaga, Tennessee, or Kentucky than the three ACC teams.
If I had to pick an ACC team, I'll take Virginia and hope for the best.

One thing really interesting about the bracket this year is we are (almost 100%?) assured of matching up with one of the six teams you listed, assuming round one wins obviously. Seems close to a lock the Gophers will fall between 7 and 10. Likewise, it seems the top 8 are pretty much set. Is there any possibility of a team like Houston moving up to the two line?

Better record against Q1/Q2 teams.
Q1/Q2 winning percentage of 0.524 vs 0.478

I was wrong. Minn is actually 12-12 against quad 1 and 2. We’ll have to agree to disagree on minn vs Iowa and who’s ranked higher. No way is there a 2 seed difference though

One thing really interesting about the bracket this year is we are (almost 100%?) assured of matching up with one of the six teams you listed, assuming round one wins obviously. Seems close to a lock the Gophers will fall between 7 and 10. Likewise, it seems the top 8 are pretty much set. Is there any possibility of a team like Houston moving up to the two line?

I would say no for Houston because of the ACC log jam.
If Tennessee or Kentucky would have swept their series, that could have helped, but with the ACC not having a clear champion, there is not a way for Houston to break the top 8

Michigan / Michigan St, same story. Neither will move off the #2 line with a loss when they are substantially better (as shown yesterday) over Wisconsin and Minnesota, the other semi-finalists.

I was wrong. Minn is actually 12-12 against quad 1 and 2. We’ll have to agree to disagree on minn vs Iowa and who’s ranked higher. No way is there a 2 seed difference though

Well, Iowa is my last #7. I don't really have my 9's ranked, so it's only a 5-8 spots or so difference.

Sorry, had to edit.
I had too many ATL10 teams.
Updated with Alabama back in.

I got two wrong.

I had TCU and Alabama
instead they had Belmont and Oklahoma.

34 of 68 correctly seeded
20 within 1 of correct seeding

My Paymon Score was 323

Top Bottom