Ancestry sites.

I have to say genealogy does not really interest me.

I am a family tree geek, so I did an Ancestry test. My results are about what I'd expected. I fit a Minnesota profile pretty well, where most of my ancestors immigrated to the US between about 1840 and 1890 (Norway, Luxembourg, Ireland, Germany). I do have one line on my mom's side that goes back to colonial America, and this becomes much more difficult to trace. But I think some of those ancestors may have been Quakers and others were some of the original Dutch settlers near New York City.

I disagree with the person who said they don't work, in my experience it was are very accurate.

1. My results are a very close match to what I had determined in my previous research.

2. My great uncle always said their family was 100% Irish, and his test confirmed this.

3. I am very familiar with my extended family (I currently have 38,000 people documented in my family tree), and the Ancestry relative finder estimate for how closely I'm related to some of these people checks out. The Ancestry relative finder is cool - I've discovered a couple branches of my tree I didn't know existed because of this.

Find a Grave is a neat site as well, however it takes amateur genealogists to submit edits to those pages to link parents in, so if you happen to be in a family where someone has already done this, you can find out a lot of information.

If anyone has even just a casual curiosity of their family tree I would highly recommend taking the time to research it someday. The stories you will find may amaze you.

I haven't done it but some people in my family did (Aunt/Uncle). They were junior high school sweethearts, both from the same neighborhood and same backgrouond. They've been married for 45 years but they found out through 23 that they are actually first cousins as there was a relationship out of the marriage. This has caused a lot of pain as my Uncle confronted my Grandma about the affair she had and why she never told him. He was raised by a man who he thought was his Dad, but he wasn't. It's been fascinating to watch it all unfold from a bit of a distance.

They have good humor with it now, with my Uncle saying that his kids are also his second cousins!!

Fortunately my 3 first cousins (this couple's kids) are all healthy and no issue with their parents DNA being such a close match.

Wild outcome though.

Go Gophers!!

I haven't done it but some people in my family did (Aunt/Uncle). They were junior high school sweethearts, both from the same neighborhood and same backgrouond. They've been married for 45 years but they found out through 23 that they are actually first cousins as there was a relationship out of the marriage. This has caused a lot of pain as my Uncle confronted my Grandma about the affair she had and why she never told him. He was raised by a man who he thought was his Dad, but he wasn't. It's been fascinating to watch it all unfold from a bit of a distance.

They have good humor with it now, with my Uncle saying that his kids are also his second cousins!!

Fortunately my 3 first cousins (this couple's kids) are all healthy and no issue with their parents DNA being such a close match.

Wild outcome though.

Go Gophers!!

Grandma got her freak on?[emoji1787]

Your family isn’t the only one.....trust me. I have a brother one year older than my mother.[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild outcome though.

Go Gophers!!

That's crazy!

Very few medical problems are not handled by proper nutrition, but if you eat wrong your genetics will bite you in a hurry. Your body wants to heal itself. Let it.

Very few medical problems are not handled by proper nutrition, but if you eat wrong your genetics will bite you in a hurry. Your body wants to heal itself. Let it.

Serious question. What nutrition do you advise? I assume a healthy diet but are there any specifics you wish to pint to? A website/ weblink is fine if that is easier. I am starting to feel old and need to eat better.

Last edited:

The accepted SAD (Standard American Diet) basically the same as Canada's, is the cause of our health problems. Go to askdrernst.com for specifics. He is the best. The Big Med$$$, Big Pharma$$$, and BigAg$$$ (Farma, LOL!) don't own him. You have to detox at the cellular level. Toxins, heavy metals, sugar all have to go. Your body will heal itself if you stop poisoning it. Keto is the best way to start.

We are poisoning the Earth too. We have killed soil. It is now just dirt. Contaminated dirt. Look up info on Regenerative Grazing. Our soil and water has been seriously damaged. The CAFOs (Confined Animal Facilities) are going to eventually contaminate our ground water with nitrates and e coli. This is serious and Big$$$ is in control. Educated consumers are how is is going to have to be turned around. I have been requested (didn't ask) to testify in front of our GA Ag, Health, and Commerce committees and have been recommended to be on the USDA committee that is going to update the SAD, Food Pyramid. I haven't decided yet on what level of frustration I am willing to deal with on these meetings/hearing. I am happy just growing healthy food and serving my customers.

Dr Ernst is my health guru. I believe the research he is advocating.

The accepted SAD (Standard American Diet) basically the same as Canada's, is the cause of our health problems. Go to askdrernst.com for specifics. He is the best. The Big Med$$$, Big Pharma$$$, and BigAg$$$ (Farma, LOL!) don't own him. You have to detox at the cellular level. Toxins, heavy metals, sugar all have to go. Your body will heal itself if you stop poisoning it. Keto is the best way to start.

We are poisoning the Earth too. We have killed soil. It is now just dirt. Contaminated dirt. Look up info on Regenerative Grazing. Our soil and water has been seriously damaged. The CAFOs (Confined Animal Facilities) are going to eventually contaminate our ground water with nitrates and e coli. This is serious and Big$$$ is in control. Educated consumers are how is is going to have to be turned around. I have been requested (didn't ask) to testify in front of our GA Ag, Health, and Commerce committees and have been recommended to be on the USDA committee that is going to update the SAD, Food Pyramid. I haven't decided yet on what level of frustration I am willing to deal with on these meetings/hearing. I am happy just growing healthy food and serving my customers.

Dr Ernst is my health guru. I believe the research he is advocating.

Or you could fast.

Last edited:

Top Bottom