Ky Thomas commits

Awesome, he has an edge to him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure we have a real homerun hitter in our current RB rotation. We may have one in the pipeline though. Ky’s had a great start to the season.

Last edited:

Not sure we have a real homerun hitter in our current RB rotation. We may have one in the pipeline though. Ky’s had a great start to the season.

Shannon Brooks is a threat to score every time he touches the ball, but he's obviously not in the rotation right now.

I'm not convinced Ky has great long speed but he is extremely shifty and agile. Not including Jeff Jones, I think he is shiftier than any RB we've had in recent memory, including Rodney.

I could be wrong on the speed though. We'll see.

Last edited:

I'm not convinced Ky has great long speed but he is extremely shifty and agile. Not including Jeff Jones, I think he is shiftier than any RB we've had in recent memory, including Rodney.

I like what you describe.....

Treyson Potts could be up there as far as being shifty.

PJ Fleck assured him he is the only RB recruit in the 2020 Class. That was the big deal for him committing on March 15, 2019.

I don't know about the level of competition is in Topeka Kansas. On film, he is a real threat both running and receiving.

He may be elevated as a 4-Star before his HS career is over like Bateman. Hopefully, they can keep the poachers away! MN, Iowa, Kansas, K State, and Louisiana Tech are his current offers.

Smith and Brooks will be gone after this season. We definitely have room for him.

Dude looks like a stud. Hope he gets RTB tattooed on him as well before everyone else comes calling

Definitely a wait and see thing on Ky but he’s looked a playmaker week to week. I wouldn’t say he’s a burner but if he gets a step on a guy, I don’t think they’ll run him down.

They’ve put together a pretty intriguing group moving forward. Even beyond Mo, there’s Bryce Williams to come back, Wiley got a lot to buzz in camp, Potts, Thomas and I’m interested to see if they keep Williamson in that room. Gotta feel good about the future of the offense.

In last Friday’s game, Ky had 294 yards rushing with 4 TDs, plus over 100 yards receiving. Those are ridiculous numbers.

Last edited:

Dude looks like a stud. Hope he gets RTB tattooed on him as well before everyone else comes calling

Yeah, he kind of reminds me of Bateman too. I think his recruiting will blow up.

Keep in mind, the tattoo commitment is only 50% for the U. El Amin got a Minnesota tattoo.

For what it's worth, the talk around the team this year was that Williamson was the best athlete in the RB room. I don't know if that is legend because he is hurt and is a MN guy, but it sure seemed like he was the real deal prior to his injury. I went from thinking he was going to be a LBer to being pretty convinced he stays at RB (maybe even WR).

Yeah, he kind of reminds me of Bateman too. I think his recruiting will blow up.

Keep in mind, the tattoo commitment is only 50% for the U. El Amin got a Minnesota tattoo.

Ky rushed for 1,200+ yards as a freshman, 1,700+ as a sophomore and 1,600+ as a junior. It would be hard to "blow up" like Bateman did when you've already put up those types of numbers for 3 straight years. I think most teams knew what they had in Ky before the season.

Deniro Laster has a Block M tatoo but transferred to Kentucky.

Ky rushed for 1,200+ yards as a freshman, 1,700+ as a sophomore and 1,600+ as a junior. It would be hard to "blow up" like Bateman did when you've already put up those types of numbers for 3 straight years. I think most teams knew what they had in Ky before the season.

Deniro Laster has a Block M tatoo but transferred to Kentucky.

I meant blow up in recruiting not in terms of production. You're right, he's put up huge numbers for years.

Yes, Laster! I forgot about that.

I meant blow up in recruiting not in terms of production. You're right, he's put up huge numbers for years.

Yes, Laster! I forgot about that.

I know but I think it would be hard for him to blow up recruiting wise when he's already put together 3 years worth of great tape. I don't know what a college coach needs to see from him that they haven't already. Unless the numbers he's putting up this year are just that more ridiculous than the past two years.

If my math is correct, this means he scored every time he carried the ball. Unless he had other carriers that netted exactly 0 yards.

It should. We're about to cool on him.

tenor.gif

Ky’s game tonight.

26-256-3 TDs on the ground and a 26 yd catch for a TD as well.

He became the all-time rusher leader for Topeka tonight.

This should put him at about 2,300 yards or so on the season. This is against 6A competition, the biggest class size in Kansas mind you.

This should put him at about 2,300 yards or so on the season. This is against 6A competition, the biggest class size in Kansas mind you.

45 yard receiving too, to put him over 400 yards of total offense. These numbers are almost unheard of.

Top Bottom