Badgers cancel spring game

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
Lack of depth seems to be part of the reason.

Should I be smiling or is this nothing?

Wisconsin is on the downswing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this true? The Google machine seems to only have last year's Badger cancelation. The Gophers were tough enough to get in a Spring Game last year in spite of some awful spring weather. Someone else didn't. We saw how that turned out. :)

It’s true. Perhaps like many coaches he’s worried opposing coaches will watch and catch on to what they’re doing.

/s

With any luck, Wisconsin circa the late 10's through mid 20's will be like Alabama in the late 90's through mid 2000's.

With any luck, Wisconsin circa the late 10's through mid 20's will be like Alabama in the late 90's through mid 2000's.

Or like Wisconsin prior to Alvarez.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is the spring game usually a big draw for the badgers? Or is it an afterthought? Spring games are basically for the fans, so in a football sense it doesn't matter that they canceled it, but do the fans care?

Is the spring game usually a big draw for the badgers? Or is it an afterthought? Spring games are basically for the fans, so in a football sense it doesn't matter that they canceled it, but do the fans care?

Depends who you ask. Some think it is a horrible PR move because as you say, the game is really for the fans. Others think it is no big deal. The biggest crowds have been around 10K in the past and in the couple years before the weather cancellation, they were far less than that.

They are having an open practice instead. Bottom line is Chryst thinks the spring game is a waste of time and he makes the decision.

Depends who you ask. Some think it is a horrible PR move because as you say, the game is really for the fans. Others think it is no big deal. The biggest crowds have been around 10K in the past and in the couple years before the weather cancellation, they were far less than that.

They are having an open practice instead. Bottom line is Chryst thinks the spring game is a waste of time and he makes the decision.

If 10k was the attendance.... yeah that's not much of a loss.

If 10k was the attendance.... yeah that's not much of a loss.

That's pretty terrible for a successful program in a decent sized city with no other sports teams in season.

Maybe everyone is at the Badger baseball game?

I really don’t think we are the point where we can be critical of Wisconsin’s low spring game attendance.

That's pretty terrible for a successful program in a decent sized city with no other sports teams in season.

I’m 1000% on the men’s/boy’s lacrosse and volleyball bandwagons, as the new major spring sports for men!!

College baseball: meh, double meh. It’s all a cartel of west coast and southern teams. Once John retires, I really wouldn’t care if we dropped our program to club. Lax and vb need to be upgrade to varsity, yesterday!

I’m 1000% on the men’s/boy’s lacrosse and volleyball bandwagons, as the new major spring sports for men!!

College baseball: meh, double meh. It’s all a cartel of west coast and southern teams. Once John retires, I really wouldn’t care if we dropped our program to club. Lax and vb need to be upgrade to varsity, yesterday!
A big no to this post.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I really don’t think we are the point where we can be critical of Wisconsin’s low spring game attendance.

I wouldn't say I am being critical, but under 10,000 for a team that has the success and such supposedly devoted fans it is a surprisingly low number. It makes you wonder if fans attend the actual games for reasons other than football.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

The Badgers don't have a baseball team.

Gross. I'll take watching a men's squad over the women's squad in equivalent sports every time except for one - volleyball. Leave the ladies with their thing.

Spring game attendance seems to vary WILDLY all across CFB. Some even bigger teams draw low numbers, it's either a thing or it isn't it seems.

Gross. I'll take watching a men's squad over the women's squad in equivalent sports every time except for one - volleyball. Leave the ladies with their thing.

Sorry bud, you’re wayyyyyy too late on that. Boys vball will be sanctioned this year or soon enough by the MSHSL. It’ll be a spring sport, like it is in the NCAA, so the women will have the fall exclusively.

Sorry bud, you’re wayyyyyy too late on that. Boys vball will be sanctioned this year or soon enough by the MSHSL. It’ll be a spring sport, like it is in the NCAA, so the women will have the fall exclusively.

Right on. I am aware of the boys high school VB thing. But as far as I know it is not a varsity sport at the U, right? So, then I'm not late for anything, correct?
And if it ever comes to pass, I'll take watching a baseball game at Seibert Field after being cooped up for the winter as opposed to watching a men's (again...gross) volleyball game in a way-to-warm Pavillion on a May afternoon.
Also, they wouldn't drop baseball at the U, so what women's sport would they add?

Rick Reichardt draws a lot of fans

Top Bottom