Chiefs.com: Five Things to Know About New Chiefs’ LB Damien Wilson

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Chiefs.com:

The Kansas City Chiefs added to their linebacker corps on Thursday, signing free agent Damien Wilson.

Here are five things to know about the newest member of the Chiefs’ defense.

5. Wilson’s path to the NFL is a story of persistence

Wilson’s journey to this point began as a virtually unknown recruit in rural Mississippi. He caught the eye of Alcorn State and thrived as a defensive end before transferring to Jones County Community College the following year in the hopes of landing at a bigger school.

That goal was realized as a junior when Wilson transferred to the University of Minnesota, where he became a linebacker and finished second on the team with 78 tackles. His senior season was even better, highlighted by a team-leading 119 tackles, 10.5 tackles-for-loss and four sacks.

Minnesota linebacker Damien Wilson (5) celebrates a play against Iowa during the fourth quarter of an NCAA college football game on Saturday, Nov. 8, 2014, in Minneapolis. Minnesota won 51-14.

His efforts earned him a First-Team All-Big 10 selection by the media after the season.

While at Minnesota, Wilson played alongside Chiefs’ safety Eric Murray from 2013-14. The former Golden Gophers swapped jerseys after Kansas City’s matchup with Dallas in 2017.

The two players are now back together on the Chiefs’ defense.

https://www.chiefs.com/news/five-things-to-know-about-new-chiefs-lb-damien-wilson

Go Gophers!!

Damien Wilson is one of my favorite linebackers of all time. He used to explode from off the camera to make a tackle. It was something I'd never really seen before (Deon Sanders used to as well). He was so solid. Glad he's made it this long in the NFL.

Damien Wilson is one of my favorite linebackers of all time. He used to explode from off the camera to make a tackle. It was something I'd never really seen before (Deon Sanders used to as well). He was so solid. Glad he's made it this long in the NFL.

Yep, always good to see former Gophers doing well in the league. KC is not a bad landing spot either as I assume they will be good again next year and at some point Brady won't be able to keep doing what he is doing.

Yep, always good to see former Gophers doing well in the league. KC is not a bad landing spot either as I assume they will be good again next year and at some point Brady won't be able to keep doing what he is doing.

Yeah, KC will definitely be a Superbowl favorite.

Im not going to start a new thread because this is a month old.

I had no idea Jonathan Celestin signed with the Carolina Panthers. Last I heard he was with the Jets.

Im not going to start a new thread because this is a month old.

I had no idea Jonathan Celestin signed with the Carolina Panthers. Last I heard he was with the Jets.

Wilson, Devondre Campbell, Celestin, and now Blake, probably Carter next year if rush OLB or where ever he ends up playing.......

putting some solid LBs into the league!

Top Bottom