ESPN: Strip club visit at center of Georgia Tech probe

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

A former Georgia Tech assistant coach is being charged by the NCAA with Level I violations relating to an Atlanta strip club visit that sources told ESPN included current Chicago Bulls rookie Wendell Carter Jr. and former Georgia Tech and NBA player Jarrett Jack.

Jack, whom the NCAA declared to be a representative of Georgia Tech's athletics interests, is alleged to have provided Carter and an unidentified then-Georgia Tech player with $300 for the strip club visit, the sources told ESPN.

The NCAA has notified Georgia Tech officials that the former assistant, Darryl LaBarrie; a booster the sources identified to ESPN as Jack; and Ron Bell, a former friend of Yellow Jackets basketball coach Josh Pastner, are being charged with multiple alleged rules violations, including Level I violations, which are the most serious under NCAA rules.

Georgia Tech publicly released a redacted version of the NCAA's notice of allegations on Friday and said in a statement it "will not have further comment at this time."

The school has until May 16 to respond to the NCAA's allegations.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...69/strip-club-visit-center-georgia-tech-probe

Go Gophers!!

Another scapegoat program that has no chance being thrown to the wolves. Sure makes it look like the NCAA is coming down hard on corruption when they pick and chose bottom tier programs to go after. 300 bucks, wow. I'm sure this violation is such a big deal compared to what is going on at the NCAA's favorite basketball programs.:rolleyes:

I am against punishing these programs until UNC, Kansas, Duke, and Kentucky are brought to justice.

The Georgia Tech guys should've consulted with Shaka about navigating strip club payment policies after all the time he spent at the Vu.

You have to admit though on some level it is hilarious that a Duke player is only the subject of NCAA violations based on his recruitment by other programs.

I'm really interested in this story. Any of you up for a trip to Atlanta to check the place out? PM me...

Top Bottom